Creative Ideas and Suggestions | Creative Changelog

jchance

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, not sure if this has been talked about, but I am an admin on a server where you can use the command /speed to change your flying and walking speed. /speed 10 is the fastest, and /speed 1 is the default. Not sure about any of the tech that would go into this but it would be cool to fly around the always expanding creative world at a faster speed. Maybe this would even encourage people to fly around more and explore. I don't know. Anyways, please consider my request. Thanks.

We already have /randloc which helps players randomly teleport a lot faster as well as use the live maps to see exactly where they're going. 1.8 brings a new flying speed boost as well. Though, I'll ask the techs what we can do.

• Upvote 1

1. Is it possible to create a command to extend reach? I know this is possible with client mods but not allowed on servers.

2. I'm VERY new to using schematica, but would it be possible to have a command to auto fill building ghosts? It could be impossible due to the fact the images are seen and saved client wise.

3. Could it be possible to repeat the warp NESW etc. tower system we had a few revs back? Randlock is great and all but it would be easier to track a build or a location if you could just TP to the nearest warp. 

In addition to warp towers, could the staff hold an event, welcoming people from all 3 servers to build such towers. (design contest basically) 

most of creative is empty by setting up test areas you are taking the first steps towards just making it purely a test server.

As someone who does do "test builds" on creative (as well as some non-tests) i could understand the want of not having floating grass squares with half built stuff all over it. In my personal opinion, theres a reason i build on C not on SP or a test server. While I'm on C, i can get opinions, use plugins, get help etc. Also, i don't want to just leave C empty by going to build on a SP world or planning...Its nice to talk to friends and build at the same time, what ever the project may be. When I'm building a project for the nerd servers, it seems fitting that i would do it, on a nerd server, because the resource is there, why not exploit it. Another aspect is while I'm on C building or playing with redstone for S and P related things, its just another player on C that shows people wanting to come in for the first time, hey, people actually play on this server and there are people around. Wether I'm there for a long period or not its still someone contributing to chat or just hanging out building. Now personally, i am against multiword servers for different builds. On C in particular, your just dividing a cake that has already been eaten. The last few revs the map is getting more and more bare, unfortunately. 

Edited by Difficult1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This changelog is way past due for some updates.

December 2015 - Hollifer has joined the Cadmins, Challenger2 has joined the Tech Admins

February 2016 - Challenger2 has implemented a plugin he developed called NerdPlot, giving players ability to claim spawn city plots without a moderator and limiting players to how many plots in spawn city they can own.

• Upvote 1

Chest protections with lwc have been added to creative.

When a chest is placed it will automatically be a public chest. If you wish to make it private you must use the /cprivate command.

For all commands type /lwc

*Please note that staff have access to locked chests :wink:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We're on rev 31 now!

A plugin has been added to allow players to sit on stair blocks like chairs.

We no longer have a Classic Creative world but we do have a Space one.

Due to the new WG flag "first-owner", region names no longer need to start with the requesting player's name.

I have been added as a Creative admin.

Users can now set a handful of their own region flags, listed here.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The list of WorldEdit restricted blocks has been changed.

Blocks that are now usable in WE:

**(#6) – Saplings
**(#10) – Flowing Lava
**(#11) – Sill Lava 
**(#27) – Powered rail
**(#28) – Detector Rail
**(#29) – Sticky Piston
**(#31) – Dead Shrub/Grass/Fern
**(#32) – Dead bush
**(#33) – Piston
**(#34) – Piston Head
**(#36) – Piston Extension