[AC] Seeking volunteer judges for survival build contest - "Best designed shop"... or something

Mumberthrax

Something that has been suggested to me which I think would be great to try on S is a contest to design useful or beautiful shops. Any contest needs judges - unbiased and responsible ones at that, and who is more unbiased or responsible than admins?! :D

I'd like to invite all of you, head admins, server admins, and techadmins, to volunteer to mercilessly judge whatever shops players may create to stimulate trade and creative interactions on the survival server for revision 27. I'm thinking we announce the contest before launch, and hold final judging about a month in.

If "best designed shop" seems vague or not very useful in terms of contest titles/parameters, maybe someone has a more creative suggestion?

I figure we can allow players to modreq to protect any redstone mechanisms involved, as long as it can't be abused for PvP purposes. That should allow for a greater variety of creativity than would normally be exercised on the server.

If you feel like taking a few minutes to review the builds a few weeks from now and offering your expert or pseudo-expert evaluations, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...