IAMA Nerd.nu Head Admin, AMA

JohnAdams1735

If everyone at MCPublic based decisions off what they hear about, then S wouldn't exist, we'd have to turn C into a daycare center and PvE would need more rainbows and sprinkles.

We'd be cast into a world where not even Moe Howard could make us laugh, and where we could all purple.

• Upvote 2

If everyone at MCPublic based decisions off what they hear about, then S wouldn't exist, we'd have to turn C into a daycare center and PvE would need more rainbows and sprinkles.

PvE Would need to become a family discussion room for discussions on what shape a 3 year old should shit.

Also some players who kinda live their lives on S sometimes hate the staff member that's not in their clan (mostly) who ban one of their great so-called friends.

Just to make it clear to you, teddy. I come purely from S, and can say the neither I or the majority of the people I spend time with on here hate any staff members. We may disagree with some of their decisions or the way they handle circumstances, but that doesn't make us think any less of them as a person.

• Upvote 1

How many swags do you yolo per second?

If you were charged a fine of 420 golden SnapBacks and couldn't pay up, would you prefer your execution to be:

a) Death by bootytwerk

Or

b) Death by tittieflap

Or

c) Death by drowning in dribble?

42. Or if you'd rather, something in the ballpark of I yolo so many swags per second you can't count 'em ;)

That second question is... hmm... Maybe C. If I had to choose.

What could be done to have less hate against mods by S players when one of their friends is banned?

I'm not really sure to be honest. I suppose S players need to trust staff to make legit bans, even if it's the player's friend, and if they genuinely think their friend is being misused by a staff member, to bring it up with another staff member. It's as simple as, "I don't think ____ made a legit ban of ____ because...." and back it up. I know I'd investigate, or at least ask the staff member who banned the player about the ban. And it would, as always, come down to an appeal and proof.

Short of this, I'm not sure. We can't make any player like us, regardless of what server they play on, and I can't double check every single ban. I wouldn't want to - I trust any staff member to make legit bans, and if it ever proves to the contrary, you can be sure that staff member will be dealt with accordingly.

Johnadams, what's ur fav animal?

Have u ever answered a funny modreq? If so, what?

House cats. Hands down :)

Um... the one that comes to mind is one time someone on C modreqed "My dick is on fire" and I replied "You should have a doctor look at that." It did not occur to me until I had told that story for like the 10th time that there may have been an actual NSFW build staff lit on fire somewhere....

On a side note, I do love teddybears :)

• Upvote 2

Why are you seemingly never on the actual servers? :(

Should I holler if I need reefer?

Will liking your Facebook status really please Jesus?

R u a good speler

Rev you joined?

Best memory?

What am I on the servers to you?

What would you label each server as?

Swag yolo?

Why are you seemingly never on the actual servers? :(

Should I holler if I need reefer?

Will liking your Facebook status really please Jesus?

R u a good speler

Rev you joined?

Best memory?

What am I on the servers to you?

What would you label each server as?

Swag yolo?

I try to play as much as I can, but a lot of the stuff I have to do as a head interferes with the little free time I do have to dedicate to MCP. For example, today I woke up, worked on my dissertation, wrote a post in response to Tharine that took me an hour (my lunch hour), wrote my dissertation some more until about 4:30 my time, and then I have been dealing with Head Admin issues (currently listening to complaints about someone's behavior in mumble at this very moment). If I'm lucky, I'll get to play on the servers - although I have no projects on C or P at the moment and I'm not one to just run around for the fun of it. I tried playing S but then someone claimed the little island I had claimed, and rather than deal with the land dispute, I picked up and left. I've got a small clan, but I don't have the enthusiasm for it as I had for my (ex) little island :/

Reefer? I'm not really sure what you mean. I don't smoke anything.

I don't facebook much, so I have no clue what that means.

I am not, actually. I have a good vocabulary, but my spelling is terrible. I rely a lot on spell check :3

I joined C on Rev. 15, P on Rev. 5, and S on Rev. 10 (I think it was 10). It was July-Aug. 2011.

Hard to pick just one heh. I suppose anything having to do with the people I've friended over the years. High up on the list would be my birthday party on C back in 2012. That was very special.

I've not really interacted with you enough to form an opinion of you :3

Label each server? Honestly, C is a sandbox, P is towns, and S is hostile in every sense of the word. But that's just over-simplifications and don't really do the servers justice.

I might :)

• Upvote 3

Can I think of more questions?

Should I?

Carrots, molons, potatoes or eggs - which is supreme?

Would you consider yourself a serious or more easygoing (shits 'n' giggles) person?

What was your first server in MC as a whole?

Where'd you hear about these servers?

Can I think of more questions?

Should I?

Carrots, molons, potatoes or eggs - which is supreme?

Would you consider yourself a serious or more easygoing (shits 'n' giggles) person?

What was your first server in MC as a whole?

Where'd you hear about these servers?

Can you?

I dunno.

I prefer carrots for MC food.

Probably mostly serious, but I do cut loose around people I'm comfortable around in MCP and they get to see my crazier side. I think I am pretty easy-going most of the time, though.

First server was some little 20-person thing I don't really remember. c.nerd.nu was my second and I've not strayed since.

On a website, I think. It was 25 months ago :3

What annoys u irl?

What do u find weird irl?

What stupid things do u see drivers do when stuck in traffic?

(Frequently asked questions on radio stations in Ireland)

Um... so many things. Maybe hypocritical people.

At the moment, the fact that my thermostat clock is about 30 minutes behind.

Hmmm, maybe... trying to switch lanes because they think it's going faster and just end up block both lanes.

• Upvote 2