Question: Lag Issues

zifnab06

As the majority of the playerbase probably knows, serverside lag has been a HUGE issue this revision, even more so (as far as I can tell) than other revisions past.

I absolutely love the playerbase that is here. P is one of the most active servers I've ever seen. S is still a blast, even though I suck at PVP. Its probably the only reason I haven't left at this point.

So with that, I'd like to ask the Admins one thing: What can we do to help?

• Upvote 3

I noticed that the lag has been extremely worse today, I don't think there is anything we can really do, unless a Admin tells us we can. The servers aren't that populated anymore, and there is still massive amounts of lag :sad:, I hope a tech admin or someone can tell us what the cause of it is. I would gladly do anything to help make the lag less bad, I never noticed any lag until the servers updated to 1.5, and around this week, the lag has been noticeably worse, today I noticed block and chat lag on S, along with having problems joining the server. I always thought it was my connection and computer, but it is definatly server side now. I also noticed it takes a long time for minecraft server list to ping the server, if that helps

Edited by coolgamerovr90

Chiming in as a server (but not tech) admin: I've kept a good eye on Survival's TPS performance and memory usage throughout the revision, and we've never wavered from 20TPS and memory usage has been no indicator of any of the more recent issues, so it's certainly not something to do with the individual server itself. The lag's been pretty hard the past 2-3 weeks, certainly moreso the last couple of days, so i'm curious to see where the issue is specifically coming from. There's been a lot of suggestions that it's to do with our server host, or even what we're physically hosting the servers on, but i'm not technologically-inclined so I can only speculate. I'm a bit worried that at the rate things are going, the servers are going to be completely unplayable because of the lag  :mellow:

• Upvote 3

Yes, this is relevant.  This are the reason for the lag issues we are having at the moment.  As I had said earlier on the server, the tps and ram usage was within normal range however players were still experiencing lag.  Please be patient with us and we'll have the issues fixed as soon as we can.