Survival Ideas and Suggestions | Survival Changelog

Mumberthrax

Ideas and suggestions:

Following the model that CAdmins have established with the creative ideas/changelog post, we've set up https://nerd-survival.uservoice.com as a single place to submit ideas and suggestions for survival or vote on changes suggested by others. The most voted items rise to the top, so it sort of sets a priority for what things we admins ought to look at doing.

Survival Changelog:

This post itself will be used as a changelog for the survival server. It will be updated when admins make any notable changes to the server.

You're welcome to post comments here, and to keep it readable and non-cluttered just like in the creative changelog thread we will remove non-changelog comments on every update.

If you've got a specific request, use the link above, or if there is an idea or issue you want to discuss without it being cleared out on updates, please consider posting in the server discussion forum or bugs forum.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to bump this and let everyone know we are still looking at suggestions on here as well. Remember if you have any suggestions, big or small, you can use this, PM us on the forums, message us on IRC or Skype, or find us in Mumble. Every suggestion will be talked over and considered, so please don't hesitate to approach us!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a few questions lately about the map for the upcoming Survival revision and after some discussion we're ready to release some details about the upcoming map.

The coming map will start out as a 5K by 5K square, progressively getting larger to a final size of 7K by 7K.  It is a custom generation, adding in cool biomes that have been lacking from other maps with four roads in each cardinal direction.

In addition to the generation to make the map different, we are adding different builds to add an exploring aspect.   As Dizney has stated in other channels of communication, "You won't be finding chests with magic spells, or level 3 rats near these things, they're literally just pieces on the map that are quick and easy to make (for the most part) and adds a little "Oh this is a cool thing I found". They won't be protected, they won't be used in an RPG sense, they're just there to add a little more to the game than just mining and PvP, but it doesn't take anything away from it. There won't be a distinct advantage to those who find these things is all. There's a little more too them, but I don't want to spoil them yet, but I can confirm they have nothing to do with RPG stuff at all."

Edit:  By custom generation, we mean I found a seed (after looking through at least 100, not even kidding) and then had a tech paint in different biomes to make sure it was perfectly rounded and offered a variety of biomes all over the map.  From there it was then generated based on that painting.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dizney07, on 05 Apr 2015 - 9:57 PM, said:

Hey guys, like we’ve said in the past the way Economy is set up isn’t permanent, and we are planning some changes that should be coming soon. We wanted to present what we have first and what we’re going with while taking criticism if something is unwanted or if something can be improved.

Chest Shops:

• We will now allow ChestShops to be created in the overworld. Players will not have to modreq for these like we first expected, and will allow players to create shops wherever they please within their claimed land.

Server Shop:

• The server shop prices have been adjusted as of April 4th. Also spawners have been added in as a purchase item for 50,000 coins. Shops in the server shop will still remain 10,000 coins.

• When we implement ChestShops into the overworld, we will be removing /shop and /back. To get to the server shop, players will need to walk to spawn and use warp signs to get to and from the shop. The reason for this is to remove safe travel and easy escapes along with making location a valued asset in choosing shop locations. The server shop area will still house the admin shop, meaning you can only sell/buy ores from spawn.

Auction:

• We will be adding in an auction plug in to our economy! This will only be active in the server shop, and will only run through chat in the server shop. Players will be able to put any item up for auction for a set starting price and time. Players can only auction one item at a time.

These are the main plug ins and changes we’re going to be implementing as soon as possible. Other things we are looking into is a bank plug in and a different system for PvP money that involves how much money you carry to encourage carrying money while PvP'ing.

While these are the updates we’ll be implementing for economy, we have some other updates as well.

- For Blood Moon we will be adding in incentive that’ll make Blood Moon something players will want to face for financial gain.

- We will either be nerfing or removing stregnth II potions.

- Hunger is going to be removed from spawn.

- And lastly some regions will be fixed.

We plan on having these done as soon as possible, and will post an update when they are complete!

• 2 weeks later...

Update of the Rules and User Commands.

Summary of New and Changed Rules:

General

• Killing animals owned by other players is allowed, however if the animals are enclosed in a room or fenced in area then you must leave at least two of each kind. (e.g. you may kill thirty cows belonging to another player as long as two cows remain in the enclosed area, and you may kill one hundred sheep belonging to the same player as long as two sheep remain in the enclosed area, etc.) This rule does not protect villagers or horses.

• You are now allowed to kill other players horses.  Locking your horse may come back in the future.

• No interfering with any arenas in any sort of way.  Doing so may result in a ban.

• Pretending to use a hacked client in global chat, will result in a kick as if you are using a hacked client.  Hacked clients are not allowed and will result in a ban, joking about using them is prohibited.

Shop

• No non-shop items in Shop such as furnaces, hoppers, brewing stands, enchanting tables (at this time), etc.  Decorations are still permitted.

• You are permitted to have 3 storage chests for stocking purposes.  Shop chests are subject to random checks to ensure compliance.

• Non-storage chests are only allowed to contain buyable and sellable items and must be labelled appropriately; everything else must be in storage chests.  Non-compliance with these rules will result in a notice and if not corrected, the removal of the chest and items.  Multiple offenses will result in the removal of the offending shop owner’s shop with no refund.

• No player traps of any sort, this includes lying to scam players out of their money.

• You may buy the shop directly next to you and request to have the wall removed.  Corner shops may not have the walls removed to combine adjacent shops.

• You may not use the shop to give any PvP advantage or to avoid combat; doing so will result in a ban.

• You may not sell, at this time, any items that are in the admin shop or items that craft into those items.

• You can find a tutorial of how to set up your shop at the entrance of the shop, for any additional questions please PM an admin.

• You may modreq for an admin to put barrier blocks in your store in the shop world.  However, this block placement is at the discretion of the admins.

Spawners

• You may purchase a spawner from the shop for 50,000 coins (subject to change) and using /modreq at the location with the mob type of your choice.

• The spawner can be placed anywhere of your choice in the overworld

• You cannot have the spawner spawn any passive mobs, nether mobs, witches, endermen, guardians, or slimes.  Any other mobs are allowed.

• Upvote 2

Econ Patch One

• Horse locking is now back due to popular request!  However, you can only lock one horse at a time.  In addition to this, horse eggs are now for sale at the server shop!
  • /shop is disabled due to some abuse issues.  You must now use one of the signs on the Nether portals to get to spawn.  There are signs located inside the shop to teleport you back to the portal you were previously at.
  • ChestShop Notifier is now loaded!
  • Chest perms are switched to resolve conflict previously experienced.  Use the basic LWC commands as is on the rest of the server (/cprivate, /lock, etc).  Due to the switch, regions will only let owners in until they modreq for the entry deny to be removed after they lock their chests.
  • /pay is now allowed outside of the Shop world

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Survival Revision 29 will be launching this Friday, June 19th at 9pm EDT.  Not sure what time that is for you?  Click here!

Changes to look forward to:
Smaller map
Back to normal nether (mostly, will keep obsidian spikes if possible)
Bringing back pearl cooldown
Removing strength II (due to all the issues with it) (also because dat shit cray)
Spawn will be built as a community
Beds will no longer set your spawn point
More PvP incentive through Economy
Weekly SAL fights occurring on different days of the week (points from this revision will be carrying over to next revision)
Bulletin board at spawn for player ads
100-150 block square buffer zone from spawn to prevent chunks constantly loaded
Community farm inside spawn for new players
The way shops are done
Unsafe buckets for sale in the shop (griefing with them will be a bannable offense)
Buyable XP from the server shop

/spawn will be enabled with a 10 second warm up and a 15 minute cool down (this particular feature is a dying wish of rtr69 that I am respecting)

You can now steal other people's horses

Auctions (courtesy of c45y and another dying wish of rtr69)

What to Expect

The premise of Survival will be the same.  Roads will not have ice and will not go to the end of the map; roads are also not based on colours this revision, but instead on biomes based on an idea that nickeynickey123 brought to me.  There will be Nether portals in the middle and at the end of all roads, as well as the one in spawn.  Spawn will be mostly re-enterable and shop will have access through spawn. 

Stay tuned for more details to be released up through revision launch!

Many thanks to c45y, Barlimore, and zburdsal for all of their very very hard work in getting this completed with me.  Revision 29 would not be happening without them.

• 3 weeks later...

Enderpearl cool down is now back!  You will have to wait 10 seconds before you use your second enderpearl for it to be effective.  However, in some cases there will be a bug where if you throw your second enderpearl before your time is up, it will remove the enderpearl from your inventory and you will take damage without the teleport benefit.  So count wisely!

• Upvote 1

What happened to the $50 steam gift card that was meant to be a prize for the SAL last revision?

I still have it in my possession.  Due to being unable to run SAL this revision because of my conflicting schedule, I haven't quite decided how to give it away though I am in communication with c45y about letting him use it for the arena ideas he has.

I think it got used to buy multiple copies of CS:GO in the steam sale m8

Huh, that's a real shame if it's true. If they could just stop promising stuff and not following through that would be grand.

That is not the case and I do not appreciate the insinuations here that are blatantly trying to cause drama.  

For the record, all prizes outside of the game in relation to events and Survival that I have been apart of are funded through my own personal money because I have the means to do so, not through community funds.  I apologize if this is an inconvenience to anyone.
  • Upvote 1

This thread is also for "ideas and suggestions", if my opinions aren't suitable don't quote some and delete others to make it look like you're winning an argument. Fundraising is a sensitive issue because people thought their donations would keep survival going for the rest of the year, but instead some of that money is being redirected towards projects conceived in private and survival is closing. Have the admin team got any celebrations planned for the end of the rev? I was thinking one thing that would be pretty cool in the last few weeks of it would be too put landmark buildings from past S revs into the wilderness and then people can raid or fight over the loot. Alternatively if focusing on the present, how is survival making use of community funds to which it is entitled to do new things and maximise the player count? I lost track of the advertising situation, but there should be paid survival specific ads that maybe also plug whatever steam group is official atm. Any more experimental changes or plugins in the pipeline (are there any?) should get tested sooner rather than later in this rev, even if they can't save S, they could yield something beneficial for the other servers imo.

Edited by Ridiculous

Fundraising is a sensitive issue because people thought their donations would keep survival going for the rest of the year, but instead some of that money is being redirected towards projects conceived in private and survival is closing. Have the admin team got any celebrations planned for the end of the rev? I was thinking one thing would be pretty cool in the last few weeks of it would be too put landmark buildings from past S revs into the wilderness and then people can raid or fight over the loot. Alternatively if focusing on the present, how is survival making use of community funds to which it is entitled to do new things and maximise the player count? I lost track of the advertising situation, but there should be paid survival specific ads that maybe also plug whatever steam group is official atm. Any more experimental changes or plugins in the pipeline (are there any?) should get tested sooner rather than later in this rev, even if they can't save S, they could yield something beneficial for the other servers imo.

People thought they were raising money to continue renting the servers. People expect the admins to make fun use of that, not to make use of it only in ways currently publicly known. Last I heard this is an open ended revision so there wouldn't be a date for the end of rev celebrations. Entitled doesn't come into it, ever. Inspiration and motivation are low in plugin creators, better to start on fresh ideas then build something - which seems to be what is planned. IIRC cobracorral came from S but only because someone was motivated to make it.

Your mood made me look up the five stages of grief. I see a little anger and a little bargaining.

For the record, all prizes outside of the game in relation to events and Survival that I have been apart of are funded through my own personal money because I have the means to do so, not through community funds.  I apologize if this is an inconvenience to anyone.

This is 100% true. No prizes from S came from fundraisers or donations, they came straight from LRO. This is completely separate from the Event thread

I still have it in my possession.  Due to being unable to run SAL this revision because of my conflicting schedule, I haven't quite decided how to give it away though I am in communication with c45y about letting him use it for the arena ideas he has.

But it was meant to be a prize for the previous revision's SAL, which did run for a few matches iirc. Why didn't it get given as a prize as promised?

But it was meant to be a prize for the previous revision's SAL, which did run for a few matches iirc. Why didn't it get given as a prize as promised?

It might be a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. If they award the prize for an incomplete league I can imagine genuine complaints, if they don't then you aren't happy. In that case it makes sense to weather the damnation and keep it for next time, hoping for some positivity then.

• Upvote 1