Survival Ideas and Suggestions | Survival Changelog

Mumberthrax

This is 100% true. No prizes from S came from fundraisers or donations, they came straight from LRO. This is completely separate from the Event thread

Thank you Dizney.

But it was meant to be a prize for the previous revision's SAL, which did run for a few matches iirc. Why didn't it get given as a prize as promised?

We had one match in which very few people participated in; instead, it was a few players constantly complaining and trying to stir things up until the point where some were muted.  The next SAL no one came.

I didn't feel comfortable announcing a SAL "winner" on one match where the winner was only ahead by a point because I thought it would raise issue.  The idea was to continue SAL into this rev with the points carrying over.  But due to the constant strain on my schedule and being the only official Sadmin, I haven't had time to host one.  c45y has come to me with an alternative for arenas and we are in discussion about it and there is a community post about it.  If Lazee_Boy thinks this isn't fair, since he is the unofficial winner ahead with one point, then he is welcomed to PM me.

Are Event Admins unable to help with events on Survival?

They can help, generally they should take in ideas and help the people that come up with them to go through with them, help get attention for the event ect and help set it up if things need built. (My idea of them though)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a two part update to the current survival revision (r29)

MobLimiter has been set to actively enforce a limit on creeper spawns from mob spawners. This is a reactive change due to an incident in which >500 creepers were sitting in a grinder for a lengthy period of time, bringing the survival tick rate to a crawl until they could be removed. The active creeper limit has been set to 60, so most players shouldn't notice the difference so long as they don't allow the mobs to build up for a long period of time.

PEcon ( coins for mob kills ) had changes to the reward for creeper deaths in response to the above incident. After review we have decided to raise the reward back to its original state of 10 coins, keeping it in line with zombies, skeletons and spiders. This change was running for several days, I am sorry that it was not given the full consideration it was due and for the length of time it took to reinstate the coin value.

This is probably a good time to point out a section of our rules:

In particular, do not allow huge numbers of entities to build up, e.g. by idling at a non-kill mob grinder or breeding an absurd number of animals

Please keep in mind that should an individual's grinder negatively impact performance for all players it runs the chance of being removed, so make sure to have some form of auto kill and don't spend the day idle accumulating mobs until the server falls over :)