[AC] Discussion on Outsourcing Non-Minecraft Games

schererererer

In this thread, please discuss ideas and potential problems/solutions with the prospect of outsourcing the hosting of non-minecraft games to the community. Issues brought up during the meeting included concerns with officially associating with servers over which we don't have direct oversight, the question of supporting multiple servers of the same game, and where we would promote/direct to these servers.

During the meeting we seemed to reach a rough consensus of beginning with a thread where people can request games or post servers they're hosting. How would we plan on moderating this thread, with respect to removing inactive servers, and/or possibly asking players to upvote an already posted suggestion rather than re-posting it? What criteria would we use to select from the servers posted the ones we wish to support officially?

I'll move this thread, barring extenuating circumstances, to private modchat in 1-2 weeks.

Well, I happen to run a Trouble in Terrorist Town server, which has been popular. So there's that. I've been working with twilexis (who primarily funds it) on plans to move it away from Tristan's mostly-abandoned FTB network and onto its own separate domain and then remove the password and open it to the public. Seeing as it's been popular with Nerd players, as one of the few reliable servers, I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of affiliation if we decide to go with this idea.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...