Expanding the community

gdavison

I saw 60+ posts on this thread and came here hoping that we'd have some real discussion.

Does anyone actually want to discuss this?  Or are most people happy sticking with Minecraft and not want to see an expansion?

Maybe it's time for a voting thread.

• Upvote 1

no one, NO ONE can ever say a single thing without it turning into absolute garbage

magnyus, I take issue with your comments. It is not that everyone is incapable of saying things without it "turning into absolute garbage". There are some people, for example some who I had to moderate on this thread, who have issues with keeping things civil. Those people do not constitute the majority of people nor the majority of our community. Lets move on with productive discussion and away from drama please.

Edited by Mumberthrax
  • Upvote 1

Create sub categories on the forums for the big games like dota, lol, tf2 and let people sort their shit out in there.

This has been discussed a long time and always faltered because nobody was willing to just make the change, lets just do it and see what happens. Even a new top level block on the forums with "Community Games" or some such would work nicely.

• Upvote 7

magnyus...

The discussion was fine, but suddenly it became personal. Everything becomes personal, d3north merely commented on as to why the TTT group split and twilexis took it as a personal attack, there was no need for that. I personally, don't have a problem keeping things civil, I like to enjoy myself, even if it means posting stupid gifs and making joke on a forum thread. And seriously, stop with the use of the word 'drama' it's the go to word for anytime someone states their opinion. In what universe is removing every single post that you deem unneccessary, (which is your fucking opinion, by the way) EVEN IF, these stupid posts aren't neccessary when it gets to the point where players are having an all out war with each other, we can't even go back to our own posts to see what we said. I would love to contribute, I would love to help, but this attitude you take while moderating makes it really fucking hard to. Maybe a massive shitstorm is exactly what we need to help nerd move forward. But no, the staff is so goddamn concerned with maintaining a professional image and keeping things "civil" that they forget to actually take into account how the players are interacting with each other.

• Upvote 3

I'd also like to get feedback for possibly setting a timeline for outside games

Why dont we have a page on the forums for non-minecraft games and who is playing what? Keep the steam group up, but let people know what is going on when and how many people can play/who is playing. And not everything should or can be scheduled

• Upvote 1

Why dont we have a page on the forums for non-minecraft games and who is playing what? Keep the steam group up, but let people know what is going on when and how many people can play/who is playing. And not everything should or can be scheduled

Totally agree.

That way, everyone can pick and choose what they want to play and who they want to play with.

-gsand

;D

• Upvote 1

there needs to be more accountability about this, I want to know why and how my post was selected for removal and who did it, Theres currently admins that dont like me so I wouldnt be surprised that any post i make gets removed.

I removed it because, as Den said, it was derailing the thread. I also removed a lot of other comments for the same reason.