PvE Ideas and Suggestions | PvE Changelog

buzzie71

• 3 weeks later...

Another spawner suggestion, but for the nether! (don't hurt me...)

This time I'm suggestion mob spawners in the nether because when someone is in the nether, farms are all affected by player counts in the nether which means that you can't farm at all, which can happen hours at a time.

Having spawners will stop this and encourage players to explore the nether more. 

Allow someone to have a spawner moved if they find one.

It's really bothersome to have 5 different spawners 1,000 blocks away from eachother and you have to build a separate grinder for each one.

Maybe within a radius of finding it, like portal blocks? "You can move the spawner up to 50 blocks in any direction" or something like that.

Too much leeway means one part of the map will have all the mobs. But a little leeway might be fun.

Allow someone to have a spawner moved if they find one. 

It's really bothersome to have 5 different spawners 1,000 blocks away from eachother and you have to build a separate grinder for each one. 

Maybe put a time delay on this. The player claims it with a sign then waits two weeks and makes the modreq to move it. The mod then sees that the edit happened two weeks ago/out of logs and can tell it's been long enough. This still encourages players to keep looking for better naturally placed spawners. I found two skeleton spawners 31m apart (there is one single coord that activates both, I think) after caving around and saw another five or so spawners first.

Maybe within a radius of finding it, like portal blocks? "You can move the spawner up to 50 blocks in any direction" or something like that.

Too much leeway means one part of the map will have all the mobs. But a little leeway might be fun.

100 blocks and you have a deal. 

Add a special area to a part of the map where you can play minigames (Like a railway that leads you 1,000 blocks out of the map) to games like what we had during CTF. It would give us variety and keep alot of us from being burnt out and giving something to us out of the usual.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could we bring back Padmin dopples/trade signs for sponge? This rev we've seen people rushing to the guardian temples to clear them out and get the sponges and then proceed to hoard them because they're so rare and don't want to lose them. They're so useful to build underwater, and some people (redwall) like building with them.

If you want to add in other items you could also add on horse armour as well, seeing as they're a finite resource as well, and not everyone wants to cave for horse armour.

Could we also do what C does for regions and set the greeting/farewell flags on worldguard for certain regions? A "Welcome to [city]!", or something specific for a certain build (imagine the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin with "WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER" as you enter the mouth, for example)

I think it could be useful to have 2 things.

1) A way to obtain creeper/zombie/skeleton heads outside of the charged creeper. Extremely difficult to make this happen naturally and a way to get these easier would be useful in builds/looks. The creeper heads espically which can be useful in banner making.

2) Trading Post/Auction system. As there is no economy on P this could be tough. One thing I saw and enjoyed on the S server the last 2 S revs was a way to trade/auction/sell/ items to people who need. I saw the community be positive in this as it connects people and you learn who people are and how they all can help. We do have a good sense of community on P but I think having some more code/plugin support for auctions/shops/trading it would just bump this up to the next level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We run a plugin called propertime that keeps the day/night cycle tick independent by controlling it off the main thread. The cycle is not impacted by server lag.

EDIT: No we don't, we do on every other server however. Maybe we should?

EDITEDIT: Spoke to P admins, we should and now are

Edited by c45y
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

We are closing this thread as the original purpose of the thread (suggestions) is now fulfilled by it's own subforum. We encourage people to keep posting ideas in the subforum!

We have created a new PvE Changelog Thread that will consist only of changes. Please post all feedback and suggestions in the main sub forum and not in that thread, it is intended for changes only.