This is a huge issue that needs to be fixed

bmx20042004

So I would like to bring up a huge problem....

S Admins....

As of today a new s admin was added! However I took a bit of time to look into some things regarding S admins...  

e768ef114384bdf3642b0bd406922773.png

Survival time  

33 hours                                    59 hours                              46 hours                           0 hours

PVE Time      

12 minutes                                190 hours                            118 hours                         420 hours 

Creative Time

0 hours                                     17 hours                              4 hours                             0 hours

So just in case people don't know above is the play time for the s admins. To me it seems pretty odd that they have more play time on other servers. Not that I have an issue with the playing on other servers, but when you look at this you have to see where many people have concerns with decisions on past and present admins on survival. My main concern is that beast bruiser is the one person that has played on survival prior to there mod and admin ship. When I say "played" I mean actually played not just played when a new rev started. So if we consider this data above and the past issues with people from PVE being promoted to a survival admin does it make much sense? Not to me.... It looks like you're trying to stop a gaping wound with a band aide. It's not going to work. If you want the survival server to flourish then you need to promote from within. Notice i'm using the word promote, I don't mean give someone all these powers for no reason I mean give them the proper tools to help the server flourish in a way the players would enjoy. Look at the top played time on survival and think about asking those people what they would like to see, or maybe promote them to a moderator and have them discuss consistently with you about what needs to be changed. But please for the love of god and nerd.nu please stop promoting people from other servers to do a job that none of you can even do, make survival work.....

• Upvote 31

I would like to hear Mr Loud's reasoning on this (as he seems to be the only active head?) Don't get me wrong, I know aca played alot a long time ago and shes easily the nicest person ever but why aren't they promoting from within?  Perhaps I'm missing the part where the admin is no longer expected to play on their server?  

• Upvote 17

I would like to hear Mr Loud's reasoning on this (as he seems to be the only active head?) Don't get me wrong, I know aca played alot a long time ago and shes easily the nicest person ever but why aren't they promoting from within?  Perhaps I'm missing the part where the admin is no longer expected to play on their server?  

First, MrLoud is not the only active head.

I think there is some confusion about how head admins factor in to the server admin selection process.  Head admins don't pick server admins, we only hold veto power.

Traditionally existing server admins pick new admins for their server.  This is because nobody knows their own server better than the server admins.   The Sadmins picked Aca and the head admins only involvement is to review their choice to see if there are any strong objections. 

The S admins will need to comment on their choice- we as heads are not privy to their entire reasoning and discussion on the matter.

• Upvote 4

I think there is some confusion about how head admins factor in to the server admin selection process.  Head admins don't pick server admins, we only hold veto power.

Traditionally existing server admins pick new admins for their server.  This is because nobody knows their own server better than the server admins.   The Sadmins picked Aca and the head admins only involvement is to review their choice to see if there are any strong objections. 

The S admins will need to comment on their choice- we as heads are not privy to their entire reasoning and discussion on the matter.

shit, how can I forget the chance :L sorry mate.  Alright well now that I know how this works, I'll ask for some sadmin input perhaps

The Sadmins picked Aca and the head admins only involvement is to review their choice to see if there are any strong objections. 

So there were no objections on the activity of the player? As heads who have to deal with quite a lot of heckling because of activity, not a single head thought of this as an issue? Nine admins looked at someone who hasn't set foot in S this revision (about 7 weeks) and decided that this would be our standard for the server admins?

I understand, aca is a wonderful person and a great tech, but based on usage she's a P player. The entire reason people have been arguing for new sadmins is due to activity on S. 

• Upvote 10

I have a suspicion that this promotion was to get aca ready for a head admin position and not just for a s admin position. So with this logic I would say it was the exact situation as mr loud being an s admin and then being promoted to a head admin, doesn't this sound exactly the same? When it comes down to it there has to be an agenda here, nothing against aca but how bad does it look that you promote someone on a server they have 0 minutes of play time on s compared to over 400 hours on pve? 

• Upvote 1

I have a suspicion that this promotion was to get aca ready for a head admin position and not just for a s admin position. So with this logic I would say it was the exact situation as mr loud being an s admin and then being promoted to a head admin, doesn't this sound exactly the same? When it comes down to it there has to be an agenda here, nothing against aca but how bad does it look that you promote someone on a server they have 0 minutes of play time on s compared to over 400 hours on pve? 

I can't comment why Aca was made a sadmin but I can say that she wasn't made a sadmin just to become a head admin. There is no such structure and things don't work like that. It has been the tradition that players go from Player -> Mod -> Admin - > Head but that is tradition. There is no set way in stone. If staff wanted to we could promote a moderator to a head admin if we felt that was needed. 

• Upvote 1

I can't comment why Aca was made a sadmin but I can say that she wasn't made a sadmin just to become a head admin. There is no such structure and things don't work like that. It has been the tradition that players go from Player -> Mod -> Admin - > Head but that is tradition. There is no set way in stone. If staff wanted to we could promote a moderator to a head admin if we felt that was needed. 

If you look in the past there were a few that were put in a admin position and the within a short amount of time put into a head admin position. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone seems to have a different opinion on the matter.

The people who don't have an opinion will just link to the historical players graph.

Unfortunately, the reasons for not picking someone who actually plays on survival is not up for community discussion.

gjTyoW9.png

-gsand

Edited by gsand
  • Upvote 3

Just wanted to add a few points to this that we spoke about in mumble tonight.

We spoke about possibilities and problems, but we spoke in a calm respectful manner. This server needs to have changes but in a good way, we may not know what needs to go on or change yet but I feel we need a group of people to speak on the behalf of survival. We need to be able to come to admins and speak to them about issues that we would like to have fixed and brain storm together to get this server to what we want it to be. If you look at what happened on C and how jchance and others loved the server so much they wanted it to improve and grow, look what happened, it's gotten to a point that they are proud of. We need this to happen on S. If anyone wants to join this "development team" to speak about what we would like to see or what we wouldn't, message me and we can figure out a time to meet up and all speak about it with hopefully the attention of the admins. Hopefully we can get this server to the point where we love it again and glad to see it flourish.

I would like to thank all the people in mumble tonight that spoke to myself and d3north about this with an open mind, above is what we came up with. Hopefully we can all learn from this situation and get this community back to a flourishing community were proud to be apart of again,

-Bmx

• Upvote 2

Traditionally existing server admins pick new admins for their server. This is because nobody knows their own server better than the server admins.

This is partly where the problem stems from, do we have the right admins for the right server? Given the state of survival's server and players, do they really know the server at all?
  • Upvote 1

I personally think Aca is a great person, and a wonderful Tech.

But, I and many others were hoping for the new S Admin to come from an S background and to have been active on S.

I eagerly await the S Admins response to this, as there are far more active moderators from S who could have been given this role.

• Upvote 5

I love how my shittery of 2012 has transitioned from a net negative to a net positive for the admins. Need a convenient excuse for never making anyone with a modicum of involvement with the community an admin? Facing a dilemma where you have personal beef with the painfully obvious candidates for admin? Just elect someone you chat with every day in private IRC rooms instead! Why? Because 2 years ago someone we trusted fucked us over, so now we can never trust anyone but our mates again. If MCPublic was a reddit user, they'd be subscribed to r/theredpill.

It's ridiculous to read people like totemo once again talk about "naysayers". We had trolls in my day too, you know, but there weren't enough to downvote the announcement of a new admin to 0 points. Are they rabble-rousing, or are you just wrong? Want to get rid of the naysayers in one easy step? Shut down the survival server. Stop playing this fucking game where you perennially give survival players hope, then do nothing for weeks, then do something shitty and unjustifyable. Some of the people in this thread still give a shit about survival, please fucking stop treating them with as much distain as I treated the admins 2 years ago.

> You're often asking for a big change, seemingly based entirely on your idea of what you want the S server to be. Someone without any baggage or attachment to the S you call failing would do that job perfectly.

How stupid do you have to be to type these words and consider it worthwhile to press the "Post" button? The mind boggles.

• Upvote 15

You're often asking for a big change, seemingly based entirely on your idea of what you want the S server to be. Someone without any baggage or attachment to the S you call failing would do that job perfectly.

What even.

People have already been brought in from outside S, outside nerd even, and yet the people with the most liked suggestions and most well received ideas are the players.

I dont know what you think to accomplish but nearly every post you make is an attempt to stir up drama or argue on subjects you dont know anything about, both here and on mumble. Just stop with this bad attempt at trolling.

What even.

People have already been brought in from outside S, outside nerd even, and yet the people with the most liked suggestions and most well received ideas are the players.

I dont know what you think to accomplish but nearly every post you make is an attempt to stir up drama or argue on subjects you dont know anything about, both here and on mumble. Just stop with this bad attempt at trolling.

A lot of people came for the Civcraft rev, then the S players on the forums voted not to have an environment that the Civcraft people want, so they left and we're back to normal S revs.

Most liked, most well received doesn't mean what you think it means. The only idea I've seen with enough detail is the mix of P and S on S. Barney and other reputable but inactive people made detailed plans for this for Junction. I saw the planning document (a few months ago) for a breakaway server that doesn't seem to have happened, it simply says "Survival (possible difference in gameplay to keep it unique)" when I saw it. When you have detailed ideas you can then, and I think only then, complain that your ideas aren't being taken seriously. Is it really trolling to ask you to have a detailed idea?

Is it really trolling to ask you to have a detailed idea?

That's not what this thread is about, and there have been plenty of ideas that were ready to be wrought out and planned, but any attempts at doing so is pointless if the ones in charge of the server don't even see eye to eye with the playerbase that's presenting these ideas. The S players want an active admin that actually plays and cares about S so that they can present their ideas to them and they can actually get started on making them realities instead of journals and documents.

Also as far as I can tell you don't even play S yourself and when you do it's to complain about how mean everyone is being to you. I also don't play S but I'm friends with enough players from that server to want to help them in their efforts to improve their server. If you aren't here to be productive then kindly request that you remove yourself from the discussion.

• Upvote 2