[PMC] Server Admin Inauguration Posts

dizney07

One idea I thought of was to start something new for server admins, an inauguration post. Basically when a player gets elevated to an admin position, the new server admin would prepare a post (short or lengthy) about what expectations the community should have for them, what some of their plans are as admin, they're past on the server, etc. I think if server admins did this it would show more publicly their care for the server they'll be admin of, and possibly assist in keeping the community content. Also in the process, this should alleviate some of the tension between the player community and staff by keeping everyone connected through direct communication.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 3

I don't think that this or anything related to this will help things to be honest.  That ship has sailed a while ago.

The current chatter going on feels more like a struggle for control of the survival server than a lack of communication or anything else.

As for how to fix it, I'm really not sure.

I think a better topic would be more "How can we all work together to give survival the best chance of success?"  And this has nothing to do with game mechanics, but more how can everyone work with people that they may not like or agree with. 

There's a level of frustration on all sides I think.  It would be great if all parties could ponder "How can I act and deal with people in a way that makes them and I less frustrated with the situation and more likely to get a successful survival server going?"  And finger pointing is not it ;)

I don't mean this to be a personal attack to Dizney & Co or anyone else.  This is an outsider's view of the situation, and this is the only thing that I can see that would help.

g.

I don't think that this or anything related to this will help things to be honest.  That ship has sailed a while ago.

The current chatter going on feels more like a struggle for control of the survival server than a lack of communication or anything else.

As for how to fix it, I'm really not sure.

I think a better topic would be more "How can we all work together to give survival the best chance of success?"  And this has nothing to do with game mechanics, but more how can everyone work with people that they may not like or agree with. 

There's a level of frustration on all sides I think.  It would be great if all parties could ponder "How can I act and deal with people in a way that makes them and I less frustrated with the situation and more likely to get a successful survival server going?"  And finger pointing is not it ;)

I don't mean this to be a personal attack to Dizney & Co or anyone else.  This is an outsider's view of the situation, and this is the only thing that I can see that would help.

g.

Well I didn't mean for this to focus on S, Aca's post just gave me the thought that this would be cool if every server admin did this. I know the S situation is different, but I'm discussing the rest of the time as well. Even if a player is really well liked and is added in with full praise, I think it would be cool to read their initial thoughts going into being an admin. 

Yeah, I really liked Aca's post. Its not too often you get something like that after someone has been chosen for admin. Granted, Aca might have felt the need to do that purely because of the controversy that arose. However, I think it'd be a good thing to continue for future admin selections.

I liked it too. But suggesting that the new admins do something, around the same time that a controversial new admin appointment happens, when lots of other people are suggesting that admins take their advice and complaining that they're not listened to... you have to admit it was an easy jump to think you were doing the same ;)

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...