bmx20042004 [jchance]

bmx20042004

Banned from mumble do to comment, wasn't given a warning or even spoken to about it. Demand to be unbanned and have an apology from jchance.

Edit: So I was banned from irc also, fyi jchance I never spoke about my ban again after you gave me a "final warning", so thats another apology I would like seeing as my last words were "brb typing something up" which wasn't about irc at all but was about my appeal.

Edited by bmx20042004

Because of the contentious nature of this ban and what I can only assume will be widespread scrutiny by some members of the server community I'd like to make a brief statement-

As a head admin I am one of a team of admins responsible for the overall welfare of the community and resolving issues between players and staff.  While many take the job and actions of head admins personally, I do not.  My only focus is on improving the community.

You are banned from Mumble, in-game, and after your actions last night, IRC for an ongoing pattern of harassment.  In IRC, you have stated that you were never warned before you were banned.   This is not true.  You received a warning from another admin on the forums on December 14:

FEcF7.png

There was not a time limit on that warning or any other.  There is not a "You get warned for every incident of harassment rule" in place for any nerd.nu service.  That was your warning, and it came from the admin on the server that you often claim to represent.

I am now going to outline a pattern of harassment toward other players and staff in the nerd.nu community.   Each incident, taken on its own, does not warrant a ban.  However, when a pattern emerges it is my job as a community leader who looks out for the welfare of the community to take action.

First, IRC encounters:

Incident 1:

[2014-12-01T22:48:51-0500] <Bmx> I would like to speak to whoever the fuck banned me, thanks, i'l be waiting in mumble.
[2014-12-01T22:49:39-0500] <Bmx> Also twilexis can you please shut your mouth? K thx bai
[2014-12-01T22:56:04-0500] <Bmx> Twilexis I really wish you never showed up to this community. Not on minute since you have been here has this community made progress. So if you'd kindly leave we would all appreciate it!
[2014-12-01T22:58:01-0500] <Bmx> I would however i've been banned by her boy toy before. So don't know how far I can go.
[2014-12-01T23:05:12-0500] <Bmx> Btw, this is the trailer to Didgeridoo Hero! https://www.y outube.com/watch?v=DKoFe38VTwc
[2014-12-01T23:15:11-0500] <Bmx> [8:14:54 PM] (Channel) HailSaban: Twilexis_Gaping_Asshole

[2014-12-01T23:34:31-0500] <Bmx> Just add to our 100k+ bans
[2014-12-01T23:34:39-0500] <Bmx> Because that grows a community!
[2014-12-01T23:35:39-0500] <Bmx> Yes but theres many bans that are for someone calling someone an "autistic shit lord"
[2014-12-01T23:35:55-0500] <Bmx> Or for being "racist" for saying "Didgeridoo"

[2014-12-02T00:00:57-0500] <Bmx> It's a shit community now with shit people trying to run it.
[2014-12-02T00:01:27-0500] <Bmx> I would love to see it how it was years ago.
[2014-12-02T00:01:32-0500] <Bmx> But it won't be.
[2014-12-02T00:01:36-0500] <Bmx> Because of you idiots.

[2014-12-02T00:03:24-0500] <Bmx> Nope oppressed, because everything I post is being deleted.
[2014-12-02T00:03:32-0500] <Bmx> Because your being a bitch about it.

[2014-12-02T00:13:04-0500] <Bmx> slide: I'm sorry but you're a worthless tech admin and there are way more fit candidates in the community.

In this incident you:

• Insultingly refers to other characters, players, nerd.nu staff, or groups of people, be they in-game or external.
  • Repeated minor insults intended to harass or annoy another player or staff for an extended period
  • Are Trolling: to post inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on (the Internet, especially a message board) for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.

Incident 2:

01:26:29 <Bmx> I shouldn't be banned right now. I should have recieved a warning. This is a total abuse of power.
01:27:31 <Bmx> I don't have an outrage about your policies, but I do have an outrage on the fact that you can't pm me asking me to remove it first.
01:27:39 <Bmx> Your in the wrong admit it.
01:28:22 <Bmx> It's complete bullshit.
01:31:23 <jchance> Bmx: You do have a chance to explain it, in your appeal.  Thats what an appeal is for.
01:31:38 <jchance> I hate to be that guy, but lets stop discussing your ban in IRC.
01:31:42 <Bmx> I'm not making a fucking appeal.
01:31:50 <Bmx> You are full of shit and you know it./
01:36:49 <jchance> Bmx: I see your appeal.  I will respond to it as soon as I get the documentation together.  Please stop discussing bans in chat.
01:37:04 <Bmx> It's bullshit to target people jchance. I hope you sleep well at night.
01:37:43 <Bmx> I'm not going to stop discussing a ban that wasn't warranted.
01:44:26 <Bmx> But when it comes down to it, you dont have to look at a comment. You are willingly trolling yourself by doing so.
01:45:18 <Bmx> Like I said i'll happily remove it. But I want an apology.
01:46:33 <Bmx> It's funny every time a ridiculous ban like this happens be go crazy and they never learn....
01:47:36 <Bmx> Oh shit gsand, were going to get banned because those aren't links to a nerd.nu related topic.....
01:47:42 <Bmx> Shit man, new policies are tight.
01:54:17 <Bmx> Fyi this is what you started jchance http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/flmt1.gif
02:03:19 <Bmx> You gonna ban me from irc for voicing an opinion others share about my ban?
02:05:13 <jchance> Bmx: I’ve asked you twice now to stop talking about your ban in IRC.  I’m trying to treat you like an adult here
02:05:33 <Bmx> An adult would speak to the person about the issue./
02:05:44 <Bmx> Not hide behind a rule that is pointless.
02:05:48 <Bmx> You are protecting no one.
02:07:01 <Mrloud15> Bans should be dealt with in a ban appeal. You made one, so please stop talking about it in here.
02:07:16 <Bmx> I should not have been banned without a warning.
02:08:34 <Bmx> I'm never not going to be vocal about a bullshit ban, no matter whos banned.
02:09:25 <jchance> Bmx: I honestly don’t know if you think you are going to be some catalyst for change in the community by getting angry in IRC, if you think I’m going to revert the ban with a proper appeal, or if you’re just trying to stir up shit.  I honestly don’t care.  You appealed.  There is an appeal process. We don’t discuss bans in chat.  This is your final
02:09:25 <jchance> warning.  Stop talking about your ban in chat.
02:09:50 <Bmx> Well
02:09:52 <jchance> I think its pretty clear I don’t care how “you feel” from my response thus far, so give it a rest.
02:09:54 <Bmx> seeing as someone asked about it
02:10:03 <Bmx> Would someone else like to clarify my shit ban with mrdelayer ?
02:11:21 <Bmx> brb typing some shit up
02:11:23 •ChanServ banned *!*@ip-removed (+b)
02:11:23 ← Bmx was kicked by ChanServ (ChanServ@Services.GameSurge.net): (jchance) Bye.

In this incident you:

• Insultingly refers to other characters, players, nerd.nu staff, or groups of people, be they in-game or external.
  • Repeated minor insults intended to harass or annoy another player or staff for an extended period
  • Are Trolling: to post inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on (the Internet, especially a message board) for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.
  • Continued to discuss your ban in IRC, even though there is a designated channel to contest a ban (appeal), and you were asked nicely four times (3 by me, 1 by MrLoud) to stop discussing your ban in IRC.

Forum Issues:

SLNXq.png

xmVJa.png

iJvJ1.png

Dk25l.png

jSuppKh.png

FhmxWyc.png

oxVb715.png

In these forum posts you:

Mumble Incidents:

I have received numerous complaints that you troll in mumble.  As there are no mumble logs I can't provide them here.  However, the fact that they have come from several players (and have been reported to several admins) lends to their crediblity.

The straw that broke the camels back last night was this mumble comment:

UFYKGLas.png

This shows that you:

That there are so many incidents to refer to clearly shows that this is ongoing harassment and general disregard for the community.  Taken one on their own each incident is relatively minor.  However, when they are all put in one place it is clear there is a pattern.  You have repeatedly targeted specific players with your comments, including nerd.nu staff. At every chance you attempt to undermine nerd.nu staff and raise discontent among players.

This is the relevant policy:

Ongoing Harassment

Harassment takes many forms and the intent behind the communication is important. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment, either physical or verbal, can lead to more severe action.  Cases of ongoing harassment will be handled by a head admin.

The fact that there are so many incidents above is the very definition of this policy:

Repeated Violations

Repeatedly violating any area of this policy,  including the areas detailed above, will often result in temporary ban from the game or other nerd.nu services as appropriate.  Repeated violations or a clear pattern of disruption may result in an extended or permanent ban from Nerd.nu services.

Based on all of the above it is clear that you are clear and constant determent to the community.  You have shown a pattern of harassment of specific players and staff, and you constantly try to undermine the server community at every chance.
Edited by jchance
removed IP address from logs.

So I would like to "explain" myself with all of this you have accused me of.

Because of the contentious nature of this ban and what I can only assume will be widespread scrutiny by some members of the server community I'd like to make a brief statement-

As a head admin I am one of a team of admins responsible for the overall welfare of the community and resolving issues between players and staff.  While many take the job and actions of head admins personally, I do not.  My only focus is on improving the community.

You are banned from Mumble, in-game, and after your actions last night, IRC for an ongoing pattern of harassment.  In IRC, you have stated that you were never warned before you were banned.   This is not true.  You received a warning from another admin on the forums on December 14:

FEcF7.png

In the above quote you see a "warning" however when I was given said warning I never received this information until a day after the situation and having a head admin dig into it for me. If you noticed in the thread it's regard which you listed below I stoped my "trolling" and actually add to the conversation about how redwall was hiding logs for weeks from his server.

First, IRC encounters:

Incident 1:

In this incident you:

Incident 2:

In this incident you:

• Continued to discuss your ban in IRC, even though there is a designated channel to contest a ban (appeal), and you were asked nicely four times (3 by me, 1 by MrLoud) to stop discussing your ban in IRC.

For these issues you have to take into account I was ridiculously pissed off on the reasonings for my bans. Also if you look into the warnings you gave me I wasn't banned until I said "brb typing something up" which was going to be me adding to my appeal about how ridiculous this situation was being. I did not however, say anything regarding my ban after you told me to stop the last time. 

Forum Issues:

In these forum posts you:

Now for this great wall of text. I have had situation where I have gone a bit over board on the forums, however if you look into these posts you're talking about the thread was way off topic do to staff and players. I admit that some of the posts I did were wrong but was warned about the situation as I explained above. However, if you notice after I was warned I posted serious posts that were relevant to the conversation but yet those were removed also. This "forum issue" shouldn't be in this ban appeal it has nothing to do with my ban which was about mumble. I want you to understand that I've changed since that and I was trying very hard to benefit the servers up until you banned me. As my posts can confirm I've been working with S players to come up with ideas to help the admins succeed. We've also been working hard to bring the admins criticism in a non trolling way. I think it's funny that you don't even recognize the progress we are trying to make.

Mumble Incidents:

I have received numerous complaints that you troll in mumble.  As there are no mumble logs I can't provide them here.  However, the fact that they have come from several players (and have been reported to several admins) lends to their crediblity.

The straw that broke the camels back last night was this mumble comment:

UFYKGLas.png

This shows that you:

That there are so many incidents to refer to clearly shows that this is ongoing harassment and general disregard for the community.  Taken one on their own each incident is relatively minor.  However, when they are all put in one place it is clear there is a pattern.  You have repeatedly targeted specific players with your comments, including nerd.nu staff. At every chance you attempt to undermine nerd.nu staff and raise discontent among players.

So now on to my actual ban. I was banned for my "Signature - Mumble" however, it's a comment jchance just an fyi, My comment wasn't targeting who you may think. I was referring to a conversation Eehee and I had earlier that day about how he would be able to get images back in mumble if he had a "fuck buddy admin" which is what this comment turned into. I understand it's inappropriate and would have removed it if asked, however you never asked me at all jchance; not even a message. I would think you would have more respect than to blindly ban someone. I've been working with you as of late with this group expressing concerns and issues and you do this? You yourself explained to me how you saw I was trying, but you ban me without as little as a message asking to remove it? Also comments have many trolls in them, so I would look through everyone and clear comments that are "trolly" if you really want to implement this policy of yours. But will you? It seems these policies are in effect just to try to get rid of people like myself, the people that want this server to be as fun and flourishing as it once was. 

I think there is some confusion over your ban reason.  Your server ban is for:

Ban for bmx20042004 onc.nerd.nu for Continued Pattern of Harassment nerd.nu/appeal by jchance on 2014-12-23T06:11:15.926 (no more bans, no notes)

You are not banned for a mumble signature.  You are banned for a continued pattern of harassment and trolling of the community on mumble, the forums, and IRC.

For these issues you have to take into account I was ridiculously pissed off on the reasonings for my bans.

No, I don't.   Being pissed off does not give you free license to abuse other people.   I don't know who or what in life taught you this, or if you think it doesn't apply because these people are in a computer and not in your face, but thats not how the real world works.  You are always responsible for your own actions.

I want you to understand that I've changed since that and I was trying very hard to benefit the servers up until you banned me. As my posts can confirm I've been working with S players to come up with ideas to help the admins succeed. We've also been working hard to bring the admins criticism in a non trolling way. I think it's funny that you don't even recognize the progress we are trying to make.

and

I would think you would have more respect than to blindly ban someone. I've been working with you as of late with this group expressing concerns and issues and you do this? You yourself explained to me how you saw I was trying, but you ban me without as little as a message asking to remove it?

Since you bring this up, let me share a little example of how you have been "working with me" to improve the servers.

On December 19, we had this very productive conversation in IRC.  I welcome any and all players to contact me about things they feel need to be addressed, more so if they feel they can't address it with a specific server admin.  Thats what heads are for.

We talked about a group of S players that wanted to communicate more effectively with S admins, I agreed that in my opinion there is a communication disconnect of some sort between players and admins, and I agreed to help you set up the meeting to the best of my ability:

20:21:54 <Bmx> Hey, so I wanted to speak to you about this group that were starting. I wanted to know if we could get a chance to speak to heads and s admins at the same time seeing as we don't get much respect from the s admins anymore. I'm keeping this group calm and collected and would like the same respect anyone else would get.

20:23:32 <jchance> I will do my best to set it up.  We’ll need to set a time and date for this meeting.
20:23:46 <jchance> I am going to do two things:   1.   Talk to the other heads about it to make sure they’re on the same page
20:24:13 <jchance> 2.  Create a group message on the forums between you, the S admins, and the head admins with a time-date picker thing so we can iron out a time and date
20:24:17 <jchance> does that sound fair?
20:24:40 <Bmx> That sounds perfect to me.
20:24:47 <jchance> I mean I can’t snap my fingers and make it happen, but I will be in your corner and do my best to get everyone involved.
20:25:00 <Bmx> Yeah I know, and i really appreciate it.
20:25:08 <jchance> I DO think there is a communication disconnect between S players and S admins
20:25:59 <jchance> but I do ask that everyone be civil- if you guys go in to it saying “sadmins suck and thats why S sucks” its not going to be well received.   You need to point out things that you feel should be changed, or explain why you guys feel marginalized
20:26:55 <jchance> It would probably be best if you picked 1-4 people to be in the meeting too- if you get 20 S players hammering the sadmins at once they’re going to shut down
20:27:08 <Bmx> For sure, i'm keeping the majority of people calm and collected and were starting to have conversations not just about how the "s admins suck" but how we can improve the server. Ideas for revisions, ideas for advertising, ideas for in game events and arenas that might help bring traffic to the server.
20:27:32 <Bmx> We are trying are best to not be the "toxic" people that others thought of us but the people that had to act out to get attention.
20:31:54 <jchance> give me just a few, talking to the heads
20:33:33 <Bmx> No problem.

Looks good huh?

Except this is what happened the very next day:

zj9wt.png

SroY4.png

Not only did you chime right in on a troll post that used a C moderator whom you all have almost zero interaction with as the brunt of your joke, you coordinated it.   Notice those purple arrows?  They point to your post time stamps. They're all within 4 minutes of each other.  That means you all sat in a channel somewhere and planned your replies before hand.  Coordination means you all knew exactly what you were doing.

This is the thing about your "working with S players and staff"-  You immediately revert to coordinated trolling the very next day.  

I'm sorry, but the good you're trying to do does not outweigh the bad you are succeeding at doing.

It seems these policies are in effect just to try to get rid of people like myself, the people that want this server to be as fun and flourishing as it once was. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here-  If you are asking me if the intent of server rules and polices is to get rid of trolls and people that disrupt the community then my answer is a resounding yes- that is exactly what they are designed to to.

I have conferred with the other head admins and we agree your ban should be as follows:

90 day ban for continued trolling and harassment of other players on all nerd services including in-game, mumble, IRC, and the forums.  You may re-appeal on March 23, 2015.

• 2 months later...