Can Survival get it's own modreq portal? @Survival/Tech Admins

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but I wanted to ask whether or not it would be possible for Survival to get a modreq web portal similar to what Creative and PvE has. I assume the reason Survival never got one was due to the fact survival never had very many modreqs over the summer (due to Civ Craft), and it never really made sense to have it before.

I'm not sure whether or not adding this would create a problem due to the fact users could potentially use this as an opportunity to gain an advantage over other users, but I highly doubt having modreqs public would cause an issue, unless the requester was posting their coordinates or something in the /modreq (in which case this could potentially could be abused).

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

From what I recall, public viewing of the Survival modreq portal but revoked due to harassment from other players in regards to reports.

People are more likely to report others for spawn killing, logging, and verbal harassment if they don't know about it.

This is what I remember being told back in the day.

• Upvote 6

From what I recall, public viewing of the Survival modreq portal but revoked due to harassment from other players in regards to reports.

People are more likely to report others for spawn killing, logging, and verbal harassment if they don't know about it.

This is what I remember being told back in the day.

This^. At one point, all three existed, but it was causing too much trouble. Player A would report Player B by modreq for something (combat logging, grief, etc), which is what is expected of players. Player B would see the report on the portal, and make up false reports against Player A, or do anything in their power to get them in trouble. This is not what we want out of our community, so it was determined it was better to hide it.

• Upvote 3

I can see how these examples can be an issue, but I'd like to note that these can also become issues on the other servers which have the same portals. Unless survival users specifically target people (I couldn't say I have had too much experience with this, having never been an admin here), but I doubt that this would get abused any more than it is currently abused on the other servers.

I can see how these examples can be an issue, but I'd like to note that these can also become issues on the other servers which have the same portals. Unless survival users specifically target people (I couldn't say I have had too much experience with this, having never been an admin here), but I doubt that this would get abused any more than it is currently abused on the other servers.

While it can be a problem on the others, so far it has not been. As I said, survival did have one and survival users specifically targeted people, so it was removed.

• Upvote 3

I can see how this would've been an issue in the past, especially regarding land disputes and player reports (which would need to remain private) making this an illogical re-addition, especially if this has been attempted before.

Unless anyone has anything to add, this can be closed.