Event Ideas and Suggestions | Event Change Log

LadyRavenOwl

Hi there everyone!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their congratulations and such.  I can't wait to work with everyone, staff and members alike, to help bring great things to all our servers.

Next, I have had a few people ask me and other admins questions regarding my new position.  To answer the first question I've been asked: yes, I do have quite a few ideas for different events for each of the servers and can't wait to set them in motion.  Some time this week I hope to meet with all the server admins to discuss ideas and time frames so we can start things as soon as possible.  In addition to the new events I will be running, I will also be hosting the moderator run arenas on Survival, speed builds on Creative, and (hopefully/possibly) that lovely game of Spleef on PvE.

In regards to the Event server, what I hope to do is host three to four major events on it a year.  The Head Admins and I are already discussing getting a donation event set up, so be looking out for that!  All the other events will be hosted on our current servers: Survival, PvE, and Creative.

I also want to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to the community to bring any ideas they have for possible events.  My idea with this is not to take over any ideas the members of our community have but work along side you to make it happen.  This way we can work together as a team to make our servers as great as possible.  If you have any ideas, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums.  Another way to reach me is IRC; if I am working at the office then just message LRO|Office instead of LadyRavenOwl.  All of you are also more than welcomed to message me via Steam, my username is LadyRavenOwl.

Speaking of Steam, another thing that I will start directing is Steam Events!  I am looking forward to extending our community and having fun outside our virtual legos.  If you have any ideas for that, hit me up and we can talk about it!

• Upvote 2

https://i.imgur.com/BsZFR.png

I'm kinda sad we never reused this plugin. It probably needs updating these days to be functional, but worth looking into I guess

I will talk to a tech about getting this updated and see what I can do with it.  I love the way it looks so I am sure that I can find something to do with it!  Thanks!

This actually coincides with an idea that I had sorta and would be a really cool event/contest for Creative.  I'll work on getting a more definitive idea hammered out then just my basic notes and message you later this week about it if you're interested.  :D

• Upvote 4

I would like to see a bow oriented arena, where the players are on a 2X2 platform, where the goal is to shoot other players off into an abyss. Platforms are located on many different levels so players still have a chance to fall off of a higher platform and onto one fo the lower ones. Ender Pearling is enabled, because of the risk involved.

• Upvote 2

I would like to see a bow oriented arena, where the players are on a 2X2 platform, where the goal is to shoot other players off into an abyss. Platforms are located on many different levels so players still have a chance to fall off of a higher platform and onto one fo the lower ones. Ender Pearling is enabled, because of the risk involved.

This a fabulous idea!  I will start working on it.  :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated NoWorld, it now:

• Runs under Spigot 1.8 (latest)
  • Has a pom.xml file for techs to easily build from the github repo
  • Has a screenshot!

Basically this plugin is ready to be used whenever a chance arises

Commands are /get and /vote, both contain help messages to explain use

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you guys know about some of the things that are currently in the works event wise to help improve staff-player communication.

Current WIP Events:

- Maze Arena on Survival this weekend

- Lobby Design Contest #2 - Almost ready to go!

- July Firework Show and Scavenger Hunt

- Official CS:GO Tournament

- Staff vs Players TF2 Match

If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to post! If you have any event ideas I'd love to hear them!

• Upvote 3

I think it'd be cool to create a poll on common steam games, you list a number of games on steam and then get the player base to tick games they own and like and dates they are available to play, then you take the highest scoring of each and create a steam event out of it. It'd be cool to expand our community past minecraft more.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Some Events currently being worked on/to look forward to:

• Survival UHC
  • CTF Donation Drive
  • CS:GO Tournament
  • TF2 Community Brawl
  • Player Run Events

As for unofficial events such as Friday Night Gaming, they are currently on hold due to finals and planning for other events.

Suggestion:

Launch another 24-hour donation drive and have a full day's worth of 4 team capture the flag? If I recall correctly, they've been very successful. I'd love to see this happen again sometime soon.

We are currently hard at working putting one together right now and hope to have it ready to go in a few weeks. The only info I can give at the moment is that it will be 2 teams, Red VS Blue CTF.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Suggestion:

Been toying with this for a while, thought I'd share since CTF is on the way. Was thinking we could have a mumble karaoke night either this week(or for a future event) where people can donate money to have a chosen staff member sing a song of their choosing(within reason). Maybe at something like $5 a song. Ever wanted to hear scher sing gangnam style? Sort of a silly way to raise funds while showing we aren't all robots(well, *most* of us).

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Suggestion:

Been toying with this for a while, thought I'd share since CTF is on the way. Was thinking we could have a mumble karaoke night either this week(or for a future event) where people can donate money to have a chosen staff member sing a song of their choosing(within reason). Maybe at something like $5 a song. Ever wanted to hear scher sing gangnam style? Sort of a silly way to raise funds while showing we aren't all robots(well, *most* of us).

Thoughts?

Oh dear.

I would like buzziebot to sing "mr roboto"

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Suggestion:

Thoughts?

I recall SkrapssparkS mentioning this to me over the last week as something that used to happen (minus the donation element). Personally I think this is a great idea but we could also set up another 2-3+ events for people to enjoy. "Mcpublic Squares" was another that SkrapssparkS shared with me.

Consider "Nerd.nu Presents, an evening with the community!"

• Opening show of Nerd.nu Squares - Featuring staff, hosted on pve with mumble.
  • The Nerd.nu Pub Quiz night - Hosted from a pre-built tavern in creative! Teams of 3, all people invited.
  • Participate in "The Hunt" on Survival. A number of staff have wandering the world wearing [blockname] on their heads. Listen for clues on mumble and hunt them down!
  • Closing ceromony "Nerd.nu sings".

<insert fundraising checkpoints to aim to pass here>