Museum Build Contest

roastnewt

Hello, everyone.  I'd like to announce a build contest on c.nerd.nu, sponsored by Four_Down and me.  We hope this can be a recurring event, depending on how successful the first one is.

This contest will have TWO winners: a community pick, and a host pick.  The community winner will be chosen by a forum poll, and the host winner will be chosen by Four_Down and myself.  The community pick and the host pick could be the same build.

BOTH the host pick and the community pick will be offered a $25 steam gift card in exchange for the rights to copy/use their build as Four and I see fit.  If the host pick and community pick are the same person/build, they will be offered a $50 gift card.  Winning does not obligate you to accept these terms.

This first build is a MUSEUM BUILD.  The guidelines are as follows:

1.  Be recognizable as a museum.  This most likely means Greco-Roman architecture, but we will accept more modern building styles.
2.  The build will serve as a "hub" to link to other servers.  In addition to using the build for our own purposes, we would like to use the build to link to old revisions of C/P/S, so each portal would take you to an old revision (so you can reminisce about old builds).  This means that each "viewing/display" area inside the building should have space for a portal.  If anyone is familiar with the server TheAcamadician hosts, exactly like that.

The contest will end on Sunday, January 25th, giving you two weekends to build.  Voting for the community pick will begin immediately afterwards, and will last until the following Friday (Jan 30th), at which point both the Host and Community Picks will be announced.  To enter, just respond to this post with the coordinates of your build (before January 25th). That's it!  Be creative and have fun!

EDIT:  Building in teams is allowed, as long as you say how you would like the prize distributed in your submission post.

Edited by roastnewt
  • Upvote 9

Quick question of minutia - with the transfer of rights to copy/use the build, does the original builder keep attribution rights? Also, would you prefer a completely original design for this, or would one modified/expanded from a previously-made build be alright? I just might make a submission.

• Upvote 1

Quick question of minutia - with the transfer of rights to copy/use the build, does the original builder keep attribution rights? Also, would you prefer a completely original design for this, or would one modified/expanded from a previously-made build be alright? I just might make a submission.

I don't know what you mean by attribution rights.  Like a sign somewhere saying who built it?  That's acceptable.

You may modify a previous build, as long as you're modifying your own build or have permission from everyone who was involved in building it.

I don't know what you mean by attribution rights.  Like a sign somewhere saying who built it?  That's acceptable.

You may modify a previous build, as long as you're modifying your own build or have permission from everyone who was involved in building it.

Yeah, that's basically what I meant, sounds good.

I present to you, Tedkovsky Palace Museum.

<<</home TokenChineseGuy tedkovsky>>> (case sensitive)

Originally home of heroic rulers such as Prince Pyotr Beargration, Prince Tedbear Tolly and King Tedward II, it was converted to a museum after a fire in the 1920's. (Much like the Winter Palace was converted to a museum in the 20's after the Russian Revolution)

It has 4 portals --- right as you get in from the front entrance. The right and left wings are chock full of exhibits displaying real legit historical info as well as some fictitious stories.

Note: by the time y'all wake up, these screenshots will be outdated, as I will add more lighting and more details and exhibits.

oAZmvXA.png

XQ4Stn1.jpg

backside

Ab3y18y.jpg

portal room

IvNiKOu.jpg

art hall

Wmg4ho1.png

prehistoric and natural science section

LtbCDLj.jpg

history of history, man, its achievements and pop culture

gx2QM8P.jpg

edit: idk who made the giant "DANK MUSEUM" text above the region, but I like it so I'll keep it for now

Edited by TokenChineseGuy
  • Upvote 2