Update on rev 28?

unce

Well now we have enough techs that with a good week of solid work we can get a brand new rev

I like your thinking, but alas, it is not reasonable to assume College Student Dumbo52, and (not entirely sure what occupies redwall generally) Redwall_hp could spend a whole week doing nothing but editing, testing, and rebuilding all of our plugins. Give them at least 2 weeks. 

That would be me.

Cool Story Sis

I wasn't being snide, I was just insisting I don't know what may end up keeping him busy for a majority of the time. Notice how I listed what I know is keeping Dumbo busy (school) now, I don't know about Redwall maybe he too goes to school, or perhaps he works...To be honest I don't know a thing about your relationship with him other than it exists, and that is because of some sort of hot-tub related incident. Perhaps you are what occupies him. If that's the case, then so be it. But I do hate to tell you that by saying so as you did, you may unearth some unhappiness within the community as you've just insisted that your presence will be holding back progress on nerd.nu updates...

I was hopeful Redwall would be able to balance this important position in the community into his life better than previous tech admins, now I'm not so sure.

• Upvote 4

Yeah, I think you're reading too much into what she said. I'm moving across the world in six days (which is time consuming on its own), and to put it bluntly, you probably won't be seeing much of me for the next two weeks after, if you catch my drift.

And I like how you just assume that I'm going to drop everything and devote all of my time to Survival. We do have several servers, after all.

• Upvote 1

This thread is asking for an update on survival revision 28 as we haven't heard anything in months and it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon. To put it bluntly, I do not care for your relationships outside of this community (I don't really care for them at all) and I think many others feel the same, please stop bringing it up unless it is absolutely necessary (it never will be). It is slightly disappointing that our 2 new techs have been appointed at what seems like a peak of their inactivity, but that's generally how this place works.

So before we start petty arguments about anything else; sadmins, what is going on with S?

• Upvote 13

Well said.  I think a better question than what is going on with S (since we all have an idea of what is going on with it, [redacted]) is what would you guys like to be seeing going on with S?

I disagree, I don't think that's a better question at all. For far too long we have seen the sadmins do nothing, only occasionally would changes be made if the players push for them enough or we may sometimes see a quirky yet pointless minor change. I think any player here will say that they want anything to be done with S. So much help has been offered to the sadmins, quite honestly I have no idea what they're doing that earns their positions.

Everyone has said what they wanted for S in one way or another. I'm on my phone so I can't link the numerous threads atm but if they cared, the sadmins could look those up.

• Upvote 5

So much help has been offered to the sadmins, quite honestly I have no idea what they're doing that earns their positions.

I'm not sure I understand this, let me guess. You're saying that because you and your fellow players have offered to help the sadmins in their sadmin duties without being allowed to, the sadmins don't deserve to continue in their role?

I'm not sure I understand this, let me guess. You're saying that because you and your fellow players have offered to help the sadmins in their sadmin duties without being allowed to, the sadmins don't deserve to continue in their role?

No, I'm saying they've done nothing to prove that they deserve to be sadmins because they don't do anything.

• Upvote 5

As TornadoHorse pointed out above, revisions only seem to start when there's a bit of a struggle from the players to actually hear what's going on with Survival - sticking to a smoother timeframe for revisions is something you really need to do if you want the community to approve of Survival a lot more. 

No, he's saying that the support given by the community to the admins kind-of overshadows their own efforts - really, the players seem to have put in a lot more effort than the admins have, whether that's from a 'biased' standpoint or not. 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 3

If all the cards fall in place we'll likely have an announcement to make regarding the end of the current revision and the future of S this weekend.

So since the cards obviously didn't fall in place, is there a new time we can be looking at for an update? 

• Upvote 13

Very curious about the future of S and hope to hear something soon about the next revision. Many players have speculated on rumors about what they've heard the next rev may entail and many old players are returning only to ask when the next rev is gonna start. It'd be nice to hear something concrete from the camel's mouth. ATM this rev is stagnant. There has been some revitalization with Avada's player run arenas but even those are dying out in popularity and even still, that's just once a week.

It still would be really nice to hear something, if only an estimation of when we may see a new revision.

• Upvote 4

Okay guys stop removing my shit. It is shit that S players have been lead on for the last 3 months with the idea that something new was in the works. Quitting after 3 months of work with nothing to show for it is ridiculous. Do the smart thing and promote players that actually play on the server and get involved in the community to run it. Look back at every successful S revision, the admins were actively involved in the community. Lets use this as a learning experience and fix the survival server.

• Upvote 8