Update on rev 28?

unce

Stepping down. That's a new way of describing what happened. Why don't you own your share of the blame?

I thought you quit after you told us all to die in a fire? Please don't bring your drama stuff into my thread.

It is going to take lots of work getting S back up and running smoothly.  I'd like to see comments focused mostly on working to improve survival.

Thanks

Edited by unce
  • Upvote 8

Stepping down. That's a new way of describing what happened. Why don't you own your share of the blame?

I will not be sharing the reasons behind why they stepped down- That is between the head admins and the survival admins. They can do so themselves if they want it out in the public and I or another head admin will be happy to respond.

I will not entertain any other questions on their reasons for stepping down from any other player.

• Upvote 4

Okay guys stop removing my shit. It is shit that S players have been lead on for the last 3 months with the idea that something new was in the works. Quitting after 3 months of work with nothing to show for it is ridiculous. Do the smart thing and promote players that actually play on the server and get involved in the community to run it. Look back at every successful S revision, the admins were actively involved in the community. Lets use this as a learning experience and fix the survival server.

I look back at every revision and see that the players will play anything the admins provide, as the admins have sensible ideas. Involving the community in the planning stages doesn't have a great success rate, eg the Civcraft rev. I look at the admins leaving, and I don't assume that there's nothing to show for it. Even when a revision is launched the players don't know everything involved.

This seems a little rushed? We are down to 1 admin suddenly and get a paragraph telling us about the end of the rev? Any plans beyond that? Vanilla again or something new? This leaves more questions than answers but nonetheless appreciate the response Jchance.

I don't think this is something that was properly planned on, otherwise I'm sure replacements would've been thought about. Either way, we now have that fresh start that we've been looking for to make a real difference with survival. To be totally honest, I don't think the admins stepping down right now really affects anything except maybe the rate at which adminreqs get done. We weren't really about to transition into a new revision or anything, so we now have this time to properly take control of survival and make it what we want it to be. 

• Upvote 10

I don't think this is something that was properly planned on, otherwise I'm sure replacements would've been thought about. Either way, we now have that fresh start that we've been looking for to make a real difference with survival. To be totally honest, I don't think the admins stepping down right now really affects anything except maybe the rate at which adminreqs get done. We weren't really about to transition into a new revision or anything, so we now have this time to properly take control of survival and make it what we want it to be.

Okay, so first off. I find your lack of empathy a little disturbing. Sure the admin setup wasn't the most ideal to what all s players wanted, but the fact that they were willing to take on the position is more than I can give them credit for. I appreciate the work Mumber and Aca both put in between the time they were here. Believe it or not there are still people on the other side of the computer screen, and they still have input whether they helped out in the past or will in the future.

• Upvote 2

Okay, so first off. I find your lack of empathy a little disturbing. Sure the admin setup wasn't the most ideal to what all s players wanted, but the fact that they were willing to take on the position is more than I can give them credit for. I appreciate the work Mumber and Aca both put in between the time they were here. Believe it or not there are still people on the other side of the computer screen, and they still have input whether they helped out in the past or will in the future.

I was talking only objectively about the state of the servers. I'd like to thank Mumberthrax for the work that he's done as both mod and admin and to Aca for her work as tech and mod, and it's a shame she wasn't able to be sadmin for any longer. I didn't mean to offend anyone with what I said if that's what I've done, but I'm trying to take positives away from what has happened here. It is an unfortunate situation to find ourselves in but I believe that we now have a fresh platform to work from.

• Upvote 8

I was talking only objectively about the state of the servers. I'd like to thank Mumberthrax for the work that he's done as both mod and admin and to Aca for her work as tech and mod, and it's a shame she wasn't able to be sadmin for any longer. I didn't mean to offend anyone with what I said if that's what I've done, but I'm trying to take positives away from what has happened here. It is an unfortunate situation to find ourselves in but I believe that we now have a fresh platform to work from.

Misunderstood what you were implying when you said "fresh start" apologies

• Upvote 3

Misunderstood what you were implying when you said "fresh start" apologies

Fresh set of eyes to refresh the OLDEST PVP SERVER in all of minecraft.

To bring it back to what it once was. S was the premier pvp server (in all of minecraft) back in the day.

Currently, the servers that take up that spot are HCF, Kohi, Badlion, and others. S is nowhere close.

Edited by gsand
  • Upvote 2

Wouldn't a less vanilla PvP server be better than an empty Vanilla one?

Not my decision to make, but that is the ground rule we've had so far. Partly to fit in with P, C and E I would expect/hope that the head admins require S to be vanilla or close (ie Civcraft ok, Factions not, modded not). Until we hear otherwise. Four tells me they have said otherwise.

Anyway, rev 28 isn't going to rock the boat, the first reply in this topic rightly suggests merely a 1.8 world. A timely rev 29 probably won't allow time for the new admins to plan something majestic.

Edited by tobylane