New Logo Design Contest

schererererer

Not saying there's anything wrong with this, but j's immediately made me think of...

proboards.png?w=400

and I thought of doing the molon thing and you beat me to it damnit scherer :/

On another note, do we want particular theme colors, or was the plan to stick with the current white/blue with black accenting?

When I submitted something like this for the Server Icon Contest, it was labeled as a "Particularly low quality/effort submission"

I improved on that thanks to the help from jchance. Just going off what the community has upvoted the most seems like I'm winning >:D

It must be a new style people are liking, you were a head of your time.

Edited by SkrapssparkS
  • Upvote 1

Here are some very rough draft .pngs for nerd.nu logo options, with super rough alpha channels to test against colored backgrounds.

o5ubwms.png

1: 'new balance' style.

KRJvbZ8.png

2: thrasher metal style.

I22z2xH.png

3: gothic style.

4X1rhgM.png

4.sans-serif style.

tsw7Iqs.png

4b. sans-serf style with a quick clean up pass, to get an idea for more pixel-perfect imagery.

And here is the unscaled pencil art. http://i.imgur.com/ds3yj0E.jpg

As you can see I made all the subtitles way too small, even in 4b. Some sort of drop shadow is necessary for the subtitle, if it's to be background color agnostic.

If you fancy one of these I can polish it up.

p.s. I used to be "plasticflesh," but I'll be using "aMossyLog" henceforth. Sorry for any confusion / spamming the database.

Edited by aMossyLog
  • Upvote 5

Mossy's post got me thinking about how the actual name could be a logo in itself. I put together a few more with that in mind.

NU:

Logo%20-%20NU_zps1r0da44l.png

Slanted:

Logo%20-%20Slanted_zpsnwqrpuha.png

Blocky (with forum backdrop version for visibility):

Logo%20-%20Blocky_zpsadojcbd3.pngLogo%20-%20Blocky%20Forum%20Backdrop_zps

Adding these to my initial post at the 3rd slot of the topic for organization, and updating the PSD there. All the logos I've put together have their parts accessible through that file.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Upvote 2

JUEw3ur.png

This is the best one I've seen so far. Could use a little tidying up, but it's a good start.

Kerning needs to be adjusted overall. Letters should either touch or have enough of a space between them. The d and . are too far apart in regards to the rest of the characters.

I do like the subtle gradient to the lettering (loving the font as well). It has a sleek modern feel to it, which tells me "Look to the future."

The logo mark (joystick) is pretty chill too, it also looks like someone sitting at a computer (open your mind, you'll see it.)  Placement I think the bottom two work best, not really feeling it in the largest one, "gaming community" just seems slapped on there. I'd take it off entirely.

Good job.

• Upvote 1