Friday Night Gaming!

SwitchViewz

Hey there everyone, with our recent transformation from RedditMC to Nerd.nu I am going to try doing a variety of different things to help get us out there and playing more games! The first thing I'm going to start doing is hosting weekly game nights where a bunch of us can get together and play some games together. Hopefully lots of people will join me and if not, I'll be playing anyway. If I don't happen to own the game then hopefully I can find someone else to host.

I plan to do this at least once every week on either Friday or Saturday in the evenings. In the future I will do different events such as a 5 hour Civ 5 game, or possibly a staff vs players CS:GO Match. I have a variety of different ideas I hope to do in the future with this.

If you have any comments/suggestions/feedback please PM me, message me on IRC, or find me in Mumble! I would love to hear other peoples thoughts and ideas!

The first one will be this Friday and the game we will be playing is Team Fortress 2.

When: Friday February 6th at 6PM PST/9PM EST (Time Converter)

Game: Team Fortress 2

Mode: Undecided, possible candidates: Vanilla, MvM, x10, other

Length: 2 Hours

Where: Mumble/Steam

Recording: No

• Upvote 7

Will participate if I have the time. Probably will.

My only suggestion is that maybe we could look at the openly developing Don't Starve multiplayer edition for a future event, given the pretty chaotic nature of it, recent general release of dedicated server software, and need for players that aren't just joining for the sake of setting everything on fire. (Though there is at least one Steam mod to control that.)

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

Will participate if I have the time. Probably will.

My only suggestion is that maybe we could look at the openly developing Don't Starve multiplayer edition for a future event, given the pretty chaotic nature of it, recent general release of dedicated server software, and need for players that aren't just joining for the sake of setting everything on fire. (Though there is at least one Steam mod to control that.)

isnt it only two player?

isnt it only two player?

I was under the impression it was a 4-6 cap

Formerly, the cap was 6, though that was fairly simple to bypass; with the release of dedicated servers, it's now even easier to have player counts well over that amount. I've seen up to 24, though I'm fairly certain you could do as many more as you want with appropriate hardware and connection speeds.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Upvote 1

Ended a bit early as everyone had to go. We didn't have the biggest turnout unfortunately, though there were a few other events going on. Hopefully we can get a bigger turnout next week!

Next week we are looking at TTT, PlanetSide 2, and CS:GO for possible options. We may also host on Saturday instead of Friday, not sure yet. I shall post a topic on Sunday or Monday with the details.

Thanks to everyone that came and played!

• Upvote 1