Part of the Problem (stepping down)

WayneByNumbers

I admit it.  I'm part of the problem.

Due to my recent inactivity, I feel I can no longer justify holding a staff position.  My interest level in Minecraft is waning (no pun intended).  PvE is too socially involved for me, S too aggressive and competitive, and now, being out of building ideas, C has lost much of my interest as well.  I don't expect to be around much in the near future, though I may pop in now and then, and will probably keep tabs on the subreddit and forums.

No, I haven't been "driven away."  Maybe I'm just a placid person, but all the various drama storms have little effect on me.  They're a nuisance, yes, but no more.  Nor do I think they're a result of some cultural "toxicity" unique to our community.  It's all human behavior.  People acting lazy, cruel, prideful, contentious, indifferent, ignorant, unforgiving, etc.  We do it.  We're human beings.

I've held on this long simply thinking that there wasn't much reason to leave modship.  Even if I signed on less than once a week, that was one more pair of hands that night for modreqs and griefers, right?  I can still provide a little insight and level-headedness to mod discussions, right?  I certainly haven't done anything that would get me kicked off staff, right?  But these reasons, though not entirely invalid, have worn out.  The servers need people that are truly interested in them, players and staff alike.  If it's become a chore to me, I'm just deadweight.

Like everyone, I would love to see Nerd.nu regain at least some of its former glory.  I can still remember chatting casually in C with dozens of other online players as I determinedly traced out contours on the Enterprise.  Or developing scoreboard redstone nice enough that I was allowed to replace the /warp spleef existing system (and commissioned for several revs).  Or even my earliest days, on good ol' Chaos.  My underground living space was a mere 400 blocks from spawn, and never found.  Dang, was that really 3 years ago?

I haven't lost all hope.  If I get any big ideas for creative mode, I know where I'll want to put them.  One thing I'm sure of; if/when I return, Nerd.nu will still be there.

I formally request my mod privileges be removed, and bid you all a fond and probably temporary farewell.  See you around.

• Upvote 20

Wayne I don't know how we're going to get along without Gas By Numbers fueling our invisible cars on C.

You've been a great mod and we all understand the game can get boring.   If and when you decide to return you're more than welcome- just msg a head admin to have your status as mod returned.

• Upvote 10