Rev 15 - Darklight Public Iron Grinder

Blockbuster

ytDUm5M.png

So as you can see below I had to scrap my good iron golem farm due to how hoppers calculate on Spigot.

That being said I am working on a 27 village Iron Farm and currently have the middle "tower" completed and is operational as you can see in the picture above.

However, I am doing this 95% on my own and am in desperate need of materials... Mainly Glass, Stone Brick, Dirt, and Wood.

If you would like to donate I would greatly appreciate it.

I have setup donation Chests at the "entrance" to Darklight  at -1275 -1500.  The best way to get there is using the Ambrosia Nether Portal and then by heading west on the road until you get to Darklight.

Thanks to all of those that help out in advance.

Currently the Grinder is not setup for public access but will be once I get a few of the other towers done.

Sincerely,

Blockbuster

I have tested multiple different 1.8 Iron Grinder options against the current server constraints and have determined which Iron Grinder I would like to build next revision for my town and the server.  It outputs around 1200-1400 iron/hr.

The build itself isn't actually that big, but it is a little resource intensive.  For those of you that are interested in helping I will be setting up donation chests at COORDS TBD LATER with signs stating how much of each item is still needed.

The basic "barebone" item list is listed below meaning this is exactly what i need to make it operational, but not pleasing to the eye:

• Cobblestone - 4802 ~ 76 Stacks
  • Redstone - 3176 ~ 50 Stacks
  • Wood Logs - 2695 ~ 43 Stacks
  • Iron - 908 ~ 15 Stacks
  • Nether Quartz - 776 ~ 13 Stacks 
  • Sand - 591 ~ 10 Stacks
  • Slimeball - 142 ~ 3 Stacks
  • Glowstone - 61 ~ 1 Stack
  • String - 18 ~ 1 Stack

The nether quartz is definitely going to be the slowest thing to obtain even though it is plumped and in the overworld.

Thank you in advance to anyone that donates and I hope everyone has fun on this upcoming rev

LIST OF SUPPORTERS

• Blockbuster

UPDATE #3 - 2/18 1:26 PM EST

So I have successfully created the build on single player and also on a local spigot 1.8 server, still am unsure if it will work on PvE with there specific settings though. 

UPDATE #2 - 2/13 10:42 AM EST

So i have been reading through the comments in regard to the difficulties people have been having with replicating this build.

A majority of the issues are caused by stupidity, but some have to do with server settings and spigot.  I am going to try and talk to a tech admin and see if he can run the world save i have against the pve server build that way I can make sure it will work on the server otherwise i am going to have to scrap the project and look into doing a different one.

UPDATE #1 - 2/13 10:39 AM EST

If you plan on helping donate materials let me know so i can add you to a list on here and make sure to add your name to the lobby of the build.

Edited by Blockbuster
  • Upvote 2

IF nether Quartz is plumped. We won't know til we get there :)

I'd love to see the design when it's done. I'll probably donate as my building schedule/mining allows, provided I get to reap the benefits of all your hard work ;)

Its not that its "hard" to get, its just the most awkward i guess and alot of people use it for the quartz blocks

What iron grinder design did you choose finally? Would love to know! I'm still trying which Iron Golem Pods I prefer. 

I worked on a few today at work and finally came down to the one "Iron Towers" since it produces the most and in essence can be reset if someone breaks it, plus its the easiest to get villagers into vs my other design which was similar to the one is Rose.

Won't all those slimeball will be the hardest to find in the beginning of the rev?

Swamps are desirable for citybuilding, flat ground, pre-placed water that if unwanted is shallow enough to fill easily, excess of trees so plenty of lumber, and of course, slime chunks that can be slabbed and lit to create spawners underground.

Swamps are desirable for citybuilding, flat ground, pre-placed water that if unwanted is shallow enough to fill easily, excess of trees so plenty of lumber, and of course, slime chunks that can be slabbed and lit to create spawners underground.

Everyone dislikes building in swamps, the one this rev is basically deserted

3 stacks of slime balls aren't hard to find, especially if large biomes are on again and we get a swamp

If people help donate materials at the start of the build nothing will really be hard to get.

I will keep the top of this post updated with what is still needed at the start of the rev and the coming weeks.

on a side note 

So i have been reading through the comments in regard to the difficulties people have been having with replicating this build.

A majority of the issues are caused by stupidity, but some have to do with server settings and spigot.  I am going to try and talk to a tech admin and see if he can run the world save i have against the pve server build that way I can make sure it will work on the server otherwise i am going to have to scrap the project and look into doing a different one.

• Upvote 1

If people help donate materials at the start of the build nothing will really be hard to get.

I will keep the top of this post updated with what is still needed at the start of the rev and the coming weeks.

on a side note 

I don't think a tech would do that for you lol. As toby said, itll be easier to setup your own spigot server.

Blockbuster you're going to have more luck running spigot on your computer and testing out the build. 

I don't think a tech would do that for you lol. As toby said, itll be easier to setup your own spigot server.

I have my own server setup, however, i dont know what the configuration for nerd is so if it is different then the default i would have to test it that way

Also this rev may have been a bit deserted due to a little portal lighting delay in the area :)

Seneca had to wait like a week for whoever found the portal to come on and light it. I remember reading all the modreqs "can I have Senecas portal for my town pls"

memories :)