Coming Soon: Puzzle Challenge 3!

fazaden

Those of you who've been on the server for a few years may remember my Puzzle Challenge, where players have to solve riddles, crack codes, and such. I'm currently working on a third, Creative-oriented scavenger hunt. If all goes well, the event should go live around mid-march. But first, I need your help!

Specifically, I'm looking for suggestions for prizes. What would you want to see the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners get? Premium building spaces near spawn? Subreddit flair? Free items on S or P? Get Creative!

• Upvote 4

Sounds fun - will you be announcing specific dates for when this will take place? Some prize suggestions I can come up with right off the bat include (like you said previously) premium building plots in spawn city, and possibly some kind of sign recognizing the winner. Preferably we keep extra items from an event of this nature off of the survival servers, but I'm sure if you offered a stack of quartz or something for winning you'd get some attendees/participants.

I'm excited to see this take place!

• 3 weeks later...

Fazaden, I am so sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I am very excited to see this put into action.  If you're interested in having Survival oriented prizes, myself and the other server admins would love to talk about it.  I also love the idea of the subreddit flair.  Feel free to hit me up on IRC or here.  :D

• 1 month later...

Update!

I've finished building the puzzles for the event, it will take place on Saturday, April 11th, at 2:30 pm EST! (6:30 pm UTC) Link

Prizes:

-1st place winner gets subreddit flair, along with their pick of one of the following prizes:

• -$1000 survival cash
  • -A well-enchanted pickaxe
  • -A well-enchanted sword

-The 2nd place winner gets to choose one of the remaining two prizes, while the remaining prize will go to 3rd place.

• Upvote 1