New worldguard issues

S_W

Looks like there are some issues with the new worldguard.  

Entities such as falling sand or gravel that are pushed out of a region and then back in break. 

Redstone repeater settings are not protected.  This is a huge issue for any redstone circuit that relies heavily on timing, such as CARBON.

The redstone repeater issue will be fixed in rev15 and I'll do it for rev14 for the few hours we have left tomorrow morning ha. The issue is that WG shuffled a few flags around and added a new flag and it simply took me some digging to figure out. The entities thing I will have to look at, however I recommend any protections for redstone machines should encompass all states. You may need to inform the mod in the modreq (i'll try to inform the mods as well)

Allowing falling sand to be pushed into a region seems like it would allow people to bypass region protections.  Especially in 1.8, with slime blocks allowing you to push infinitely far with pistons.

Very good point!  I didn't even think about slime blocks as that is probable exactly why they added it in.

I was unsure if the entity thing was an issue or not, but given roastnewt's comment, I think it makes sense to leave it the way it is and just make sure all mods are aware of it for protection purposes.  

The redstone repeater issue will be fixed in rev15 and I'll do it for rev14 for the few hours we have left tomorrow morning ha. The issue is that WG shuffled a few flags around and added a new flag and it simply took me some digging to figure out. The entities thing I will have to look at, however I recommend any protections for redstone machines should encompass all states. You may need to inform the mod in the modreq (i'll try to inform the mods as well)

Thanks for looking into it so quickly.  I noticed a few repeaters around the CARBON loop have already been messed with. D:  And to make matters worse, logblock doesn't log repeater changes so there was no way to tell who was doing it.  

• 1 month later...

The repeater issue is back.  A bunch of my repeaters for carbon have been changed.  

Can this be looked into please and also turn on logging of repeater changes.  This is really screwing up a lot of my redstone.