Creative Revision 28 Discussions

SirTacoface

Hey there, I wanted to start this thread in hopes to start discussion on what you folks would like to see this rev, that we haven't done already.

So far we have a new plugin, Multiverse-Core, which basically allows us to have multiple worlds, like a nether, end, or overworld, all generated in whichever way we please. I would like to ask, what would you like to see with this plugin? What worlds would you like to see?

If there's anything else you would like us to take in consideration, please do comment here. I would also like to say, we're still looking into Command Blocks, so I'll try to keep you updated as much as I can with that.

Multiverse - I'd like to see mini games in one world, e.g. spleef, obstacle courses, pvp arenas and redstone built games like naughts and crosses or something like that.

In game -  I'd like more frequent tournaments, we often have amazing spleef builds or pvp arenas, yet they are only used casually, it'd be cool to set up teams and go against each other in a tournament.

- Longer lasting competitions, if we had almost revision length competitions I think it'd be interesting, as you could create a very nice prize for the winner it'd also allow for the creation of very nice builds on set themes.

Staff related - I'd quite like some more frequent updates on how the server is doing, what plans there are for the server, posts like this one. I'd also like more frequent creative mumble meetings to gather the communities view on things.

• Upvote 1

Hey Skraps, thanks for commenting. I was planning on a mini games server, just with no command blocks, it may be difficult. However, I feel like it would be cool to have players build their own (sadly limited) minigames we could feature on that server, and perhaps host a minigame day every weekend or so.

I plan on doing more tournaments, hopefully once ExcessiveToker builds a speedbuild arena, we can do more of those. (Or someone else build an arena, she was just one I had in mind.)

I'm trying to do the monthly competition thing, I'm going to make a post here shortly. Bardidley and I have thought an all long revision one would be too drawn out, but monthly could guarantee some solid builds. So we've started Monthly Mania and you can see it posted on the info board right outside of spawn and at /warp BulletinBoard. Currently the theme is 'Nintendo.' Winner will get a place in the Trophy World. :)

I was actually just talking to Bardidley about another creative general meeting, we just need to arrange the date and time, and figure out what to discuss; perhaps everything that will be posted here.

• Upvote 2

Multiverse.... I could have sworn I posted this before...

Worlds:

Freebuild(main): anything can be built here

Citybuild: not necessarily just city, but Real-Life things, such as forests, railroads, subways, suburbs, cities,  farmland, highways, amusement parks; generally all modern era, however different areas can be made and inter-connected by roads/trains

PVE-planning: true, it's not what the C players would like C to be filled up with, but this is the perfect way for us to become a bit more mingled with the people on PVE, as well as stopping the wide array of people who play PVE from hosting their own servers that generally have more players than C simply because we've complained about their half-built projects so many times that it's scared them away... Inviting them back with their own planning world will strengthen our servers.

adventure map open slot: some people would love to create an awesome adventure map or minigame map, this map can have many more world edit features open to the whole map and can be reserved by players for 1 week at a time(can be extended if progress is shown)

Contest Map: It seems we constantly have to expand or change the contest arena for different tasks, why not make a contest map that is easily expanded?

• Upvote 2

PVE-planning: true, it's not what the C players would like C to be filled up with, but this is the perfect way for us to become a bit more mingled with the people on PVE, as well as stopping the wide array of people who play PVE from hosting their own servers that generally have more players than C simply because we've complained about their half-built projects so many times that it's scared them away... Inviting them back with their own planning world will strengthen our servers.

The main reason I usually do 'planning' building/testing on a planning server or single player world is the ability to spawn/expiriment on mobs, use general commands, ect. Also, item dropping, and some other things that don't come to mind at the moment. Sounds like C would be more useful with WorldEdit being implimented, but without item dropping and mobs, that's mostly irrelevant to me.

I could see more P planning in C if we had more of P's tools, but in Creative mode. There are of course problems that would come with that.

As far as treating P players badly, I had a mess of an expirimentation area/excavation site a couple revs ago and never got a complaint about it...I even got a couple collaborators out of C players. With how bad it looked, I was expecting hate-mail, but nothing happened. Seems like a fine community, even if it's a little smaller.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

Pyr0, as taco said, drops are possible, you can use your "pet" mobs, or ask for them to be spawned as taco also said. I never said anything about treating P players badly, but it is a common thing that C players tend to get annoyed when these giant areas with corners of buildings are made in ways to make it obvious that they will not be finished. However the distaste really goes towards P in general as players cannot see who built things unless a name was left. Players would then complain to the C staff who would then do nothing because no rules were broken. Several P players did get the complaints though when we held a few meetings for C and P players were present. It resulted in many P planning servers going up. This is why I suggested this world. 

• Upvote 1

I love the idea of different worlds and everything, but wouldn't that just make the world spread out more then it really needs to?

also, is it a possibility to have an area with a region flag that would say something like limiting an area to 5 item entities. Allowing people to test entities without spamming them or making lag machines?