Sunken Ship Creative Build Contest

LadyRavenOwl

Greetings My Fellow Builders,

Great news from Creative Admins, Survival Admins, and Tech Admins!  Creative now has a new contest build world for our events!  You'll still be able to participate in Creative chat and see all your friends but there will be a flat world with designated plots for all your contest needs.  Look for a different post explaining more about this brand new aspect of Creative.

For our first contest, the Survival Admins are hosting a sunken ship build contest.

Requirements:

Build an elaborate ship wreck that can be pasted into the bottom of an ocean.

This ship ideally would have multiple decks and seamless breaks in the ship body.

The ship should be approximately 50 by 100 blocks in size.

Please note:

Your build, if selected, will be submerged underwater in the upcoming S rev.

You're welcomed to use any blocks of your choice.

Contest ends March 23, 2015, midnight CDT.

Winners will be announced March 25, 2015.

Selected winner will have their ship featured on Rev28 of Survival and their name featured at spawn.

For any questions, please contact any Survival Admins.

• Upvote 5

What's the prize for winning?

If your build is selected, it will be put on the upcoming Survival rev's map.  More detail will be given to the candidate closer to rev launch.  :D

I wasn't aware the Survival Admins were running the Creative contest. (JOKE)

[image snip]

Hahaha, we have been in contact about this with the Cadmins for some time.  Sirtacoface and I have been discussing the contest world since before the Creative launch.  He, Bardidley, slide, and I finally got it up and live last night and they gave us Survival Admins to run a contest on it.  I understand there is some kinks in it (such as no WE) but we are trying to work issues out so that things run as smoothly as possible without impacting your ability to build.  I'm sure that if there were any suggestions on what plugin would be better to use than /plotme that the Cadmins and Tadmins would be more than happy to hear about it.   :D

I understand there is some kinks in it (such as no WE) but we are trying to work issues out so that things run as smoothly as possible without impacting your ability to build.  I'm sure that if there were any suggestions on what plugin would be better to use than /plotme that the Cadmins and Tadmins would be more than happy to hear about it.   :D

Simple, modreq for region. /pos1 & /pos2 work, so areas can be redefined & protected, overriding Plotme's annoyances.

Great news!  WorldEdit now works on the contest build world!

Simple, modreq for region. /pos1 & /pos2 work, so areas can be redefined & protected, overriding Plotme's annoyances.

We considered that as an option but the goal was to make it so that you all would not have to modreq for a place to build and then wait for someone to assign you a location.  This lets you guys as the builders select and claim your plot and have control over it as you see fit.  It also generates the plots for everyone so that there is no need to create each individual region like in previous contests.  :D

• Upvote 1

It also generates the plots for everyone so that there is no need to create each individual region like in previous contests.  :D

The real question is "Does the PlotMe system now recognize that more plots exist?"

Further question, why didn't we just rig X for this? would've saved a lot of time/effort, not having to deal with PlotMe's shenanigans conflicting with C's.

The real question is "Does the PlotMe system now recognize that more plots exist?"

Further question, why didn't we just rig X for this? would've saved a lot of time/effort, not having to deal with PlotMe's shenanigans conflicting with C's.

You can claim any plot you can get inside of, so the only restriction on plots is the world border. We decided to have this on C because it is a creative mode building contest so it seems fitting. WorldEdit was only unavailable for a short amount of time so it's really not a big deal and it would have taken a lot more time to setup an entire server.

You can claim any plot you can get inside of, so the only restriction on plots is the world border.

Was referring more to /plotme auto not recognizing plots, giving a "No available plots found" error message.

• 3 weeks later...

After finally getting in touch with our ship wreck winner, I am happy to announce that unce's NNS Unce wins!  The NNS Unce last correspondence was the captain bravely stating that the ship was going down after an unfortunate collision with a lily pad.  The communication line went dead though before the captain could state the coordinates of the ship's whereabouts so a rescue party was never dispatched.  Finding the NNS Unce could lead to treasure and resources, the challenge is up to you!

• Upvote 2