Allow TNT on PVE [Suggestion]

jllmprrt

I had an idea that we could just allow TNT to blow up in a region. Like you would make a region and then allow TNT to be blown up in that area. This would be a nice system because it would prevent abuse of TNT, as mods would be able to discern whether or not it's a safe location for the TNT to go off.

Leave comments/suggestions below

• Upvote 4

I think if such a thing where to be implemented, it would have to be in an enclosed area to prevent TNT cannoning into different regions or collateral damage (as in damage to player not environment) 

If the tnt was cannoned, ideally it wouldn't blow up wherever it was going to.

If the tnt was cannoned, ideally it wouldn't blow up wherever it was going to.I

My only concern is the active TNT blocks be pushed into other regions causing damage to players, the damage to the environment itself is already disabled.

Yea, I'd like allowing it as an optional region flag, while being disallowed in the primary world region. It'd be preferable if, upon entering a region that doesn't allow TNT, the entity would immediately be deleted. I forget if that's how it works or not. There might be an option for it. Or, I might be thinking of Towny.
I'd still seperately disable explosion block damage globally and allow it only in the specified regions, for extra safety. I'm more excited for the player damage aspect. I have a long-term project where TNT would be useful if it's allowed to damage players, but not blocks.

I think we're more likely to see inert TNT before functional TNT on P. https://nerd-pve.uservoice.com/forums/275987-general/suggestions/6813273-implement-aesthetic-only-tnt-no-block-damage-no

Buzzie says that tnt is still on the table even though they have had some issues. There was another post on that uservoice page about functional tnt, but it appears to be gone now - I'm not certain if the padmins responded to it or not.

I think we're more likely to see inert TNT before functional TNT on P. https://nerd-pve.uservoice.com/forums/275987-general/suggestions/6813273-implement-aesthetic-only-tnt-no-block-damage-no

Buzzie says that tnt is still on the table even though they have had some issues. There was another post on that uservoice page about functional tnt, but it appears to be gone now - I'm not certain if the padmins responded to it or not.

That was also my post lol. I may be crossing some lines but I really feel like this method would prevent griefing and give aid to those hard working land clear people. I'm no world guard expert so maybe this isn't do-able