CONTEST: Monopoly Board Property Design

Zuziza

Hello everyone! The wonderful C admin SirTacoface and the tadmin slide have helped to set up a design contest.

TL;DR Imgur album available HERE. (But at least check the rules!)

BACKGROUND:

I have built a monopoly board on P at about 0,-500, along the north road from spawn. The purpose of the board is to have a playable mural of P history and community. Once it is complete, it will also be a fully functional and playable monopoly board (horses highly recommended). Players will be the game pieces. Monopoly money will be provided, "dice" will be available, and cards for chance and community chest will also be there. It should be a lot of fun once it's ready.

However, all of the properties on that board are currently blank. There are 22 properties in all. This contest is to determine the designs for all 22 properties on that board. It will be built and decided upon by players of mcpublic/nerd.nu. Once the contest ends, I will be working on getting those designs placed on the board and will announce when it is ready for people to play monopoly.

CONTEST RULES:

The rules are pretty straightforward. Each property is 9x10 and designs can be any theme related to P. You could design a property to reflect a city, a build, a player, an inside-joke, whatever you like. It just must be related to P. However, you must stick to the standard server rules, such as no NSFW builds, no racism or homophobia, etc.

While a normal property piece on a monopoly board is flat, you do not need to worry about that with this board. You also do not need to add the color bars (such as blue for Park Place). They will be the flat area next to your piece so people playing the monopoly board can run by if they like.

You should also design one where the materials can be reasonably acquired on P, or it may not be completed. A lot of beacons and skulls would be awesome, but almost impossible to complete when there's so many properties. Captive mobs in your design may also be difficult (but possible in some cases), so keep that in mind.

You do not need to be a regular p.nerd.nu player to enter. Anyone is welcome to design while the contest is open and vote once the contest closes.

HOW TO ENTER:

Log onto C.nerd.nu and use the command "/mvtp contest-monopoly". It will warp you to the contest area, where there are a bunch of 10x10 plots. Please remember to make your design 9x10 instead of 10x10. Use "/plotme" to get a plot and build away! You will only get one plot. Please use the closest available plots to the rules board so that people browsing the designs will see your build. 

Please also add a sign with your name and the name of your build. For example, if you decide to do a design based on the Unity spaceship, you might title it "Unity". This will help players remember your design when it comes to vote.

Finish your design before 3/23!

HOW TO VOTE:

The contest will close on Monday, 3/23. You will no longer be able to claim or modify a plot on that date. We will then have 1 week of voting, which will end on Monday, 3/30. Voting will be done by poll on this forum. I will take screenshots of each design and link them with the options. If possible, we will keep the warp active so people can browse the builds in person, but I will need to check with the admins on that.

The plan is for each person to have 5 total votes to allocate as they please. I will do my best to set that up in a way that prevents any funny business and allows you all to pick your favorites without issue. If the poll mechanism on the forum does not work for that purpose, we will do old fashion replies and I will hand count them.

WARNING: While there are 22 properties available, only one property of any theme will be included on the board. This means that if two Unity properties win enough votes, only the design with the most votes will be placed on the actual board. Be sure to check other plots to see what themes they are doing before you decide on yours. There is a very real possibility of splitting votes! Keep that in mind when you design!

Feel free to ask questions or raise suggestions. If there are any problems, we may modify the rules and we will do our best to let people know of those changes. You can also message or /mail me in game.

Have fun!

• Upvote 6

Guest Former Staff

I guess it's time to confess that by having my build fairly close to your Monopoly board on P, I sneak over every so often to take a look. It's great so far, I welcome to addition of each plot / square being built up from the winners of this contest. :-)

• 2 months later...