AvadaKedavra03 [Mrloud15]

Guessing this had something to do with the voting exploit where you could change the name to things which could be assumed to be rude. I went ahead and did this due to the fact other servers require the user to be online when it is announced, which is why it surprised me when the message was publicly announced. I apologize in advanced for these comments, and I would like to be unbanned if possible. I've also re-read the rules and the community interaction thing.

Also not 100% why I was banned from Mumble since the offense didn't actually occur on there, but I'd like to be unbanned from mumble if that sort of thing would be possible. Much appreciated.

edit: grammar was weird from previous edit

Edited by AvadaKedavra

You where banned for voting using the username: "[redacted]_goes_moo".

As I'm sure you are aware given your choice of words and the player, the player in your username has had an issue with harassment with players using similar remarks. I'm setting your ban is set at 1 month (4 weeks) from in game and mumble. Please make a new appeal on May 2nd and we can reevaluate your ban. 

Ban information:

Ban for AvadaKedavra03 on c.nerd.nu for Harassment. nerd.nu/appeal by Mrloud15 on 2015-04-04T21:11:52.447 (no more bans, 1 notes)

Hello Mrloud15,

I'm going to go ahead and request a different head admin takes over this appeal. Your opinion is appreciated, but I would like to ask for someone else to wrap this appeal up, due to the fact I feel there may be unnecessary prejudice against myself for reasons which I'm not aware of (not including this incident, of course).

Initially wasn't planning on commenting, but I wanted to ask the admin who is taking over my appeal a question I had when I was looking at this with my phone today. How come being rude to someone once is harassment now? How was this seen as harassment (which then warrants a one month ban) if I not only did this once, but also did it through a passive-aggressive means? The definition of "harass" is the following:

harass

[huh-ras, har-uh s]
verb (used with object)
  • to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.
  • to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid.

And your incorrectly defined guideline states the following:

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and images / memes which:
  • Insultingly refers to other characters, players, nerd.nu staff, or groups of people, be they in-game or external.
  • Repeated minor insults intended to harass or annoy another player or staff for an extended period
  • Are Trolling: to post inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.

These definitions are not the same due to the bolded part. Harassment is when I make a distinct effort to follow said player around while aggressively calling them rude and offensive names. Let's be honest- it happened once. I understand that what happened was inappropriate, but I definitely don't think it warrants a one month ban. In addition, how is this "harassment" when the user in question had no knowledge of the comment I made passive aggressively? It seems banning me for abusing the vote glitch would've protected the interests of the player this was being indirectly targeted in this case.

From what I see, there are two major portions of this ban:

• Abusing the vote glitch (which really should've been fixed prior to the revision's launch)
  • Being rude to someone by using a different username when voting for your server.

For these reasons, I'd like to see this ban length shortened. I think your definition of harassment is incorrect due to the fact harassment includes a specific person actually consistently being aggressive towards a specific player or group of players, not A) being part of a group of people (assuming that anyone who disagrees with you guys are at any point part of this group) who may have a history of being rude to people, or B) saying something about a player who has been harassed in the past.

I'd like to remind Mrloud15 that he is no longer required to comment here anymore, in respect for the following policy:

If at any point the banned player wishes to appeal the ban to someone higher up the chain, find a head admin to analyze the situation and let them deem if they need to moderate the appeal. If a player feels that a staff member is being bias they should be free to contact a head admin to analyze the situation. This right shouldn't be denied.

For the person who will be handling this appeal for Mrloud15 and for those who are reading this, I appreciate your time.

AvadaKedavra03

Edited by AvadaKedavra

I'm going to go ahead and request a different head admin takes over this appeal. Your opinion is appreciated, but I would like to ask for someone else to wrap this appeal up, due to the fact I feel there may be unnecessary prejudice against myself for reasons which I'm not aware of (not including this incident, of course).

This is the most arrogant bullshit I've ever read in an appeal.   "Your opinion is appreciated?"  Really?  MrLoud is a head admin.  You can request a head admin review your appeal if you are banned by a mod, but you can't request a different admin review you appeal if you don't like the outcome.

You are lucky MrL is doing your appeal.   Have you not seen the ban lengths I have given out for harassment in the past?

Also, for the record, I believe you knew exactly what you were doing when you picked that username.

You have your ban reason and length set by MrLoud.