New Changes Feedback

maniacman2

So i decided to start a post about the new changes to the survival server.

Economy: Always a fun aspect to any game. This gives people something to strive for and makes them think before they do something. Not to mention making it a bit better for newer people to get started.

BloodMoon: The bloodmoons are always hectic and fun. The mobs are incredibly fast and scary as hell lol. It is a great way to make money and adds a nice change of pace from the normal mobs spawning.

Mob Area: A great way to test your skills and play with friends. Who will get the farthest and what kind of fun rewards will you get? Who knows.

Lottery: I have not played it yet but mostly it is feeding peoples gambling addictions lol

Player Shops: Giving people like me a great way to make money. Are you good at monotonous tasks? Can you zone out and get a lot of something people want but are to lazy to get? If you answered yes than you are like me and can make a butt load of money from player shops lol. Then you can use that money to buy things you are to lazy to get (or are harder to find).

exp Plumps: They lowered the amount of exp you get from kills by a decent bit and it does take longer to level now. That is a bit annoying to me since i tend to try and enchant as many things as i can at once. I would like to see increased orb lumping.

Strength 2 Pot: These things are over powered. It is ridiculous the amount of damage someone can do with this potion.

Ok so those are my thoughts on the new aspects of the games. What about you guys?

• Upvote 3

exp Plumps: They lowered the amount of exp you get from kills by a decent bit and it does take longer to level now. That is a bit annoying to me since i tend to try and enchant as many things as i can at once. I would like to see increased orb lumping.

Strength 2 Pot: These things are over powered. It is ridiculous the amount of damage someone can do with this potion.

Xp: I've been told this is to make the game harder, i disagree, it only adds to the time it takes to get gear, not make using gear harder.

Strength/Pvp: Strength 2 is over powered, it's already being removed, fine, But the kit for the server is still completely not worth it. We would then have Prot 4, sharpness 5, Strength 1, and Regen 1. I propose regen is removed, as it takes fights from being 5+ mins and having half health armor afterwards, to taking 10+ mins and breaking armor to win. I'd also like to point out that regen takes away from the amount of skill needed to fight / win and makes it more about who has more gear, any experienced pvper could confirm this. 

• Upvote 1

Personally I want the regen1 potion to stay in the game. I think it has very useful applications as far as the wither goes.

One feature that I'm just not liking at all is the mechanic that leaves an in-game avatar when you log out. I think it'd be a great feature if it was able to differentiate logging out versus getting "timed out" or disconnected. My connection was fine through most of the day, but later I was getting disconnected almost every 5 minutes. I died several times because of baddies that I was already fighting and it was just overall very frustrating having to go 100+ blocks to retrieve my stuff, disconnect, retrieve my stuff, only to time out while fighting a baddy and die again.

• Upvote 1

Speed up mining

• plump ores
  • make blocks that haven't been placed by players break much faster

Incentivise raiding

• Allow players to make money from animal products
  • Let other players kill all their animals
  • Some mechanic for stealing money would be nice

Misc

• tighten up protected regions, some of the no pvp areas are exploitably sloppy
  • allow access to the arena via foot
  • can we buy xp?
Edited by Ridiculous

I've missed the special block types used in the civ rev. So I've thought of some ways of reincorporating them with this new economy system, with the aim of providing simple objective focused ways of farming and stealing money. The idea is that each block provides money when specific conditions are met and that other players can break and steal them for instant cash and to cause long term disruption to an enemy's set up. They would be obtained from chests like with horse armor or saddles and from the server store at a huge premium. 

red (the snitch)

• Works just like the snitches in civcraft did, but now when a player pings the snitch the owners gain a small amount of money
  • Gameplay: these work best when placed in busy areas, but are much harder to defend and keep secret. When someone breaks it they gain the block along with half of the money it earned since it was last placed.

green (the vault)

• Builds money over time. Can be harvested like 3-5 times before exploding.
  • Gameplay: the deeper you bury it and the longer you leave it the more money you can collect, but the greater the chance of someone finding and stealing your entire stash.

blue (the randominator) 

• Triggers a random money effect when the owner dies in PVP. This could mean you or your opponent gaining or losing large or small amounts of money.
  • Gameplay: spices up PVP and encourages people to risk death. If somebody breaks it they gain a quarter of the money it earned since it was last placed.

black (the finder)

• Pay large amounts of money to get a random co-ordinate of someone else's block. Not sure if this would have to be a limited use item.
  • Gameplay: makes raids profitable and uses money to fuel pvp

Once we make gaining money more fun, we need to look at bringing in cooler things to spend it on.

• Upvote 1

Personally I want the regen1 potion to stay in the game. I think it has very useful applications as far as the wither goes.

One feature that I'm just not liking at all is the mechanic that leaves an in-game avatar when you log out. I think it'd be a great feature if it was able to differentiate logging out versus getting "timed out" or disconnected. My connection was fine through most of the day, but later I was getting disconnected almost every 5 minutes. I died several times because of baddies that I was already fighting and it was just overall very frustrating having to go 100+ blocks to retrieve my stuff, disconnect, retrieve my stuff, only to time out while fighting a baddy and die again.

Quick idea for regen then, If you get hit while you have a regen effect on, it should be removed from you, this also might work well for strength 2, this way you can use it for other things, but it wouldn't ruin pvp.

• Upvote 4

Quick idea for regen then, If you get hit while you have a regen effect on, it should be removed from you, this also might work well for strength 2, this way you can use it for other things, but it wouldn't ruin pvp.

I can definitely get behind that change. So the survival aspect as far as environment isn't altered, but the PvP aspect is.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, like we’ve said in the past the way Economy is set up isn’t permanent, and we are planning some changes that should be coming soon. We wanted to present what we have first and what we’re going with while taking criticism if something is unwanted or if something can be improved.

Chest Shops:

• We will now allow ChestShops to be created in the overworld. Players will not have to modreq for these like we first expected, and will allow players to create shops wherever they please within their claimed land.

Server Shop:

• The server shop prices have been adjusted as of April 4th. Also spawners have been added in as a purchase item for 50,000 coins. Shops in the server shop will still remain 10,000 coins.

• When we implement ChestShops into the overworld, we will be removing /shop and /back. To get to the server shop, players will need to walk to spawn and use warp signs to get to and from the shop. The reason for this is to remove safe travel and easy escapes along with making location a valued asset in choosing shop locations. The server shop area will still house the admin shop, meaning you can only sell/buy ores from spawn.

Auction:

• We will be adding in an auction plug in to our economy! This will only be active in the server shop, and will only run through chat in the server shop. Players will be able to put any item up for auction for a set starting price and time. Players can only auction one item at a time.

These are the main plug ins and changes we’re going to be implementing as soon as possible. Other things we are looking into is a bank plug in and a different system for PvP money that involves how much money you carry to encourage carrying money while PvP'ing.

While these are the updates we’ll be implementing for economy, we have some other updates as well.

- For Blood Moon we will be adding in incentive that’ll make Blood Moon something players will want to face for financial gain.

- We will either be nerfing or removing stregnth II potions.

- Hunger is going to be removed from spawn.

- And lastly some regions will be fixed.

We plan on having these done as soon as possible, and will post an update when they are complete!

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to get a refund or transfer my shop region to the overworld?

Edit: Someone mentioned so spawn doesn't become such a camp fest because of this, that maybe we have warp signs at the portals instead?

Edited by iamdarb

Due to some requests, I have merged the Econ update, this thread, and Ridiculous' thread into this one.  I have also put Dizney's original post in the Survival Change Log for more specific feedback.  :D

I wish you hadn't done that.

Some stuff it would be cool to buy in the future:

• mob spawners
  • Nether and end portals
  • Beds that work in the nether
  • Buckets that don't need re-filling
  • Custom enchantments
  • a boss mob or group of mobs to spawn in an enemies base
  • Upvote 1

Could we possibly keep the /shop and /back commands but remove the ender chests from the shop area and flag world guard to prevent the placement of enderchests by shop owners?  Let me elaborate: I see a problem of players warping to the shop to store items and or use the shop to move items from base to base safely.  Removing the ender chest removes the ability for players to do this.  As for being able to come to the shop to dump items mined, is this a problem?  I don't see it as a problem.  I've mined an inventory full of cobble, Texas is willing to buy it, well I'll clear it out of my inventory rather than throwing it in the nearby lava as I usually do.  I've made currency and another player has gotten items they want (in theory, I don't need more cobble although I buy it).  So Texas, you own a shop, can't you then still use shop to store items?  Yes, yes I can.  Am I okay with this simply because I have a bias?  Well, I've paid 10k for this ability.  Is this a fair price?  I don't know but it is certainly an incentive to have a shop and I encourage players to have a shop... The proposed changes discourage shop ownership to the extent that multiple shop owners have since asked for a refund.

But texas, I need the items in the ender chest!  Really?  You're warping from your base next to chests... Or warping back to it where you can quickly store them.

I can see some positive aspect to forcing people to retreat from spawn with items they have purchased... (Which mob arena already provides) But see more negative coming from this.

• Upvote 2

Could we possibly keep the /shop and /back commands but remove the ender chests from the shop area and flag world guard to prevent the placement of enderchests by shop owners?  Let me elaborate: I see a problem of players warping to the shop to store items and or use the shop to move items from base to base safely.  Removing the ender chest removes the ability for players to do this.  As for being able to come to the shop to dump items mined, is this a problem?  I don't see it as a problem.  I've mined an inventory full of cobble, Texas is willing to buy it, well I'll clear it out of my inventory rather than throwing it in the nearby lava as I usually do.  I've made currency and another player has gotten items they want (in theory, I don't need more cobble although I buy it).  So Texas, you own a shop, can't you then still use shop to store items?  Yes, yes I can.  Am I okay with this simply because I have a bias?  Well, I've paid 10k for this ability.  Is this a fair price?  I don't know but it is certainly an incentive to have a shop and I encourage players to have a shop... The proposed changes discourage shop ownership to the extent that multiple shop owners have since asked for a refund.

But texas, I need the items in the ender chest!  Really?  You're warping from your base next to chests... Or warping back to it where you can quickly store them.

I can see some positive aspect to forcing people to retreat from spawn with items they have purchased... (Which mob arena already provides) But see more negative coming from this.

Honestly removing the ender chests does seem like the best idea. You're basically at your base when you warp there, and it's no issue for shop owners to have what they need in their inventories. Customers don't need to be able to use an ender chest, and shop owners(myself) could cope without one very easily.

• Upvote 2