I am SwitchViewz, the new EAdmin, AMA!

SwitchViewz

I figured it was about time I did one of these so ask away!

A bit about me for anyone curious: I am currently attending college for a computer programming degree. I have been learning C++ and I have worked with HTML/PHP in the past designing websites. I used to run a few fan sites back in the day when they were popular but now I just hang around nerd.nu. I have a passionate love for Minecraft and TF2 and have an even more passionate love for vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and Oreos. My cat also attacks the mailman.

• Upvote 2

What do you think you will bring to the admin team?

I am bringing lots of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and oreos. I then intend to use this ice cream to bribe the head admins into letting me do a hostile take over of the servers! >:D

On a serious note I hope to bring more of a "get shit done" attitude. We are often accused of taking to long to do things and I think that that is a valid concern. We aren't perfect but things could use some streamlining and organization to help us get things done faster. I hope to bring my drive and attitude into us getting more things done in a faster timeframe.

How many views can a SwitchViewz switch if a SwitchViewz can switch views?

The answer to this question depends on what my current view is. I may need to switch my viewz a few more times before I can figure out how many views a SwitchViewz can switch views.

What sort of events will you be running?

Are you coordinating events/arenas/etc on the P/S/C servers too, or will you be sticking to the Event server?

Are you also coordinating donation drives?

I hope to make a post here in the next hour or so about my goals and what I would like to achieve. I'll give a brief answer to your questions as my topic will be a bit more in-depth:

1 - I intend to run a variety of events ranging from server specific events, to coordinating donation drives, as well as outside minecraft events (kind of like "official FNG nights")

2 - I will be coordinating events for all servers

3 - The donation drive is done by the entire admin team but I hope to take a more coordinating role and open up designing it to the rest of the mod team and possible the community as well.

Why should I ask you questions?

The reason question is: Why shouldn't you ask me questions?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a question that's been bugging me, is that your cat in your profile?

Also, what is your favorite genre of music?

That is not my cat, though I do have a cat and he likes to attack the mailman. You have a good idea though, I may change it to a picture of my cat!

My favorite music genre is Classic Rock, though I also love house/electro music as well. I enjoy pretty much any kind of music except for the super hard core rap and some country music.

• 2 months later...

On a serious note I hope to bring more of a "get shit done" attitude. We are often accused of taking to long to do things and I think that that is a valid concern. We aren't perfect but things could use some streamlining and organization to help us get things done faster. I hope to bring my drive and attitude into us getting more things done in a faster timeframe.

In your time as event admin where have you displayed this attitude?

To expand somewhat broader, in the last two months what tangible results have you produced for this community?

• Upvote 1

In your time as event admin where have you displayed this attitude?

To expand somewhat broader, in the last two months what tangible results have you produced for this community?

In the beginning months of being in the position I did not display this attitude a whole lot due to school finishing and right after my family having puppies. I did not have much free time in May due to finals and spent time that I had on the Fundraiser.

For the last 2 months (June/May), in May I did not have a lot of free time due to finals and spent what I had on the Fundraiser (and a bit of TF2). In early June I spent a majority of my time watching our new puppies and taking summer classes. I also spend time pestering other admins to get our game expansion going

To expand on the "getting things done attitude" for the future, in the past week I have done multiple things for this regard. As you are aware, I have completed restructuring of E and waiting on techs to get it set up. Once E is ready to go, I will be announcing a building contest. I have also introduced and worked on getting Mumble Fireside Chats going. I have also created 2 new topics asking for community feedback as well as started work on a TF2 event. A CSGO Event is also ready to roll out once our server is ready. While I may not have displayed this attitude in the past I have been recently trying to work on improving that.

What events have you run so far as event admin and are you planning any right now?

I have ran 2 'major' events so far, those being the Fundraiser and Lobby Design Contest #2. I have assisted smaller events and helped with planning of Speed Building and Survival Arenas.

As for future events, there is currently 2 'major' events in the works (one of which is the second fundraiser) and 2 smaller build contest events.  I am also working on 1 CSGO Event as well as 2 TF2 Events.

• Upvote 2