Events, Staff Transparency & Things I'd like to Accomplish

SwitchViewz

Hey everyone, I wanted to post and have a quick chat about things I hope to accomplish while I am an EAdmin and gather any feedback you guys can offer.

Firstly, one of the major things I want to help improve is the level of player-staff transparency as well as the mod-admin transparency level. There are a lot of things we talk about and do everyday that regular players do not know about and don't need to necessarily be kept private. I'm not promising full disclosure or anything like that, but I feel there can be a good amount of improvement with how we communicate with the player base. I hope to be at the for-front and help make this happen. I have already gone ahead and given some brief information on some of the Events that I am planning here. Sometime over the next week or two I am going to be aiming to get a bunch of topics flushed out from PMC and AC into the Archives to give people a better idea of what goes on behind the scenes. If you have any questions or concerns about these please feel free to send me a PM or catch me in mumble.

Secondly, I'd like to start up Player-Run-Events. While I have only been a EAdmin for a few days I can already see the work piling up. That's not a bad thing and I love to do it, but I am only one person. One person with ideas and the ability to run events. I want players to be able to hold their own events, and give out their own prizes. Somewhat like Spleef Club, but have it be official and announced on the servers with possible admin assistance. The details for this I am still working on and I can't promise that this will become a reality, but it is one of the things I would like to push for.

**Thirdly, I'd like to help get things done in a timing fashion. We are sometimes criticized for taking to long to do things or come to a conclusion on something. I hope to try and push things along and to get them rolling. I don't want to spend to much time on something that shouldn't take that long. I hope that other staff members will also follow in this attitude so that we can help make this place even better!

Lastly, I want to host events in more then just Minecraft. I already do Friday Night Gaming but those are not official events and are just casual gaming sessions. I'd like to start hosting official tournaments with possible prizes and other various events. We are no longer RedditMC, we are Nerd.Nu Gaming Community. It's about time we start hosting events and planning things outside of Minecraft!

I hope this gives some insight on what I hope to accomplish and improve in my role as an Admin. If you guys have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I plan to host events on all servers, this post was mainly to give some info on what I would like to accomplish in addition to regular minecraft events.

Edit 2: Fixed use of "their"..thanks zburd, also added ** part

• Upvote 10

I think the biggest challenge for an event admin is timing. Nerd attracts players from every timezone so we either have to find time brackets which work for mostly everyone or run events in shifts. I've wanted to get on some TF2 with you guys, but not so much that I'd stay up till 4am GMT.

Talking about expansion into new games, GTA 5 is coming out this month and if enough people on here are interested we could establish a real presence there. Killing floor 2 also sounds like it'll be blowing other co-op fps into bloody chunks. 

Here's some killing floor gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=4prIMTtR8-M

• Upvote 2

Secondly, I'd like to start up Player-Run-Events. While I have only been a EAdmin for a few days I can already see the work piling up. That's not a bad thing and I love to do it, but I am only one person. One person with ideas and the ability to run events. I want players to be able to hold their own events, and give out their own prizes. Somewhat like Spleef Club, but have it be official and announced on the servers with possible admin assistance. The details for this I am still working on and I can't promise that this will become a reality, but it is one of the things I would like to push for.

Would you have people build the event areas on C.nerd.nu or a planning server, and then submit it for approval? Or would it be a system of players submitting an idea to the admins, then getting approval to work on the E server to build?

Edited by Difficult1
  • Upvote 1

Would you have people build the event areas on C.nerd.nu or a planning server, and then submit it for approval? Or would it be a system of players submitting an idea to the admins, then getting approval to work on the E server to build?

I would assume the players would talk to the cadmins to get another world set up for them in C for people to make said builds.

I think the biggest challenge for an event admin is timing. Nerd attracts players from every timezone so we either have to find time brackets which work for mostly everyone or run events in shifts. I've wanted to get on some TF2 with you guys, but not so much that I'd stay up till 4am GMT.

I completely agree, and I try to schedule events when the most people are available. I'm working on something to hopefully help with times here in the near future and I will try to schedule events where more people can be involved.

The details for this are currently being worked on, so to answer your question I have no idea yet. I don't even know if it will become a reality but I intend to push for it but first I have to finish exactly what its going to be and all the details.