[PMC] Braindump of event ideas

Judge Dread

Just thought I would dump some of the ideas that have been bouncing around my head for the past few days/weeks/months. Some of these need some help but they weren't going much farther bouncing around in my head so I thought I might as well post them here. Might be nice in the future to have a stickied event brainstorming thread for half finished ideas or to test the waters on things.

"Fun" Run

Also known as the 5K/1K/nK/Was this suppose to be fun. We give users a bedrock surrounded plot with an exit and entrance defined where they can build a section of the course. I want it to be surrounded so they can't practice and ruin any fun surprises someone might prepare. I'm still a bit undecided on how we should do the race. We can do it as a free-for-all and a race to the finish or we can duplicate the course and have a red vs blue race. In the team race I thinking 2 points for the first person to finish and 1 point for everyone after, and once you get to the end you can start back at the beginning and try to get more points for your team. Build wise for the team battle we can mix it up and have the teams build a section for themselves or their opponents. They won't know where it's going until the race so they can gamble and risk an easy section for their opponents or a deathtrap for themselves.

Small themed arena idea

Two airships with clouds or some kind of floor that requires jumping and the possibility of falling to your death. Need some feedback from pvpers on this but I thought it might an interesting change to what we have and there's the possibility of changing gamemodes to koth/kotv depending on the floor layout.

CtF map

Similar to the above each sides base would be a giant airship with 4 supporting smaller ships. They would be in opposite corners of the map with (a) floating island(s) in the center. In the exact center would be a temple with a colored beacon so show what team is winning or has a bonus/perk/something. Now each supporting airship would have a specialization. One for potions that contains farms for netherwart and some way to get various potion ingredients. One for enchanting might contain a grinder or a way to get xp bottles. One as an armory that allows you to get diamond armor and bows. One that contains better food/farms and possibly building supplies. Each of them will house a wool/flag that will act as a power core, when it's taken the ability of that airship is diminished. The base airship will have essentials

iron armor/melons/etc.

Idea for P spawn

Have a competition to build a spawn for P PvE style (no creative) or if a town wins a spleef tournament or some kind of tournament they can get their spawn as the next P rev spawn. (Might also be able to do something similar on S with clans and arenas).

Team Builder

The original idea was for this to be a precursor to a UHC, it was meant as a way to see how well teams can communicate and work together. It involves a few stages and points will be rewarded for time and accuracy. This was designed with 3 people teams in mind so it might have to be modified or changed to scale up or down. 

Phase 1 Building

Player One (P1) and Two (P2) will be involved in this. P1 can choose from 3/4 builds ranging from simple 2D patterns to somewhat complex 3D ones. P1 then has to tell P2 how to build these, P2 can't see what needs to be built and P1 can't see what P2 is building. During this phase P3 might be doing something to gain extra points for his team.

Phase 2 Puzzles

P3 and P1 switch out. P3 and P2 go through rooms to hit buttons stand on pressure plates to help each other escape.

Phase 3 is lacking I need ideas on something P3 and P1 can work together. I think I originally had a PvP segment here but that's been moved to Phase 5. 

Phase 4 The Maze

This is for everyone. I was thinking of a multi leveled maze where the player directly above or below you can help solve your segment of the maze, might have warps at the end of each segment to change levels so every team member has to help every other team member. 

Phase 5 PvP

Using the points you've won so far you can gear everyone up you have the choice of mining to earn more points and possible perks for your team but you must have someone on your team out fighting at all times. From here we can do winner takes all or choose the top few teams to move on to UHC.