Lobby Design Contest #2

SwitchViewz

Lobby Design Contest #2
Starts: April 11th 2015
Ends: May 9th 2015
Where: Creative Server - World: Contest-Lobby (/mvtp Contest-Lobby)

Rules:

• All standard nerd.nu rules apply
  • You must build your design on C, we will not be importing builds. If you have a small part you would like imported then we can do that, but we are not importing entire designs
  • Spawn can be anywhere, however, all portals have to be relatively evenly spaced from spawn. No “prioritizing” or “favoriting” one portal by having it closer to spawn then the others (exception being E)
  • Portals must be at least 15 blocks away from the spawn point
  • Unused plots can and will be reclaimed
  • 1 plot per person, may be part of others builds
  • Portal frames can be built out of anything
  • Open portal blocks (the spinning purple blocks or water you travel into to teleport to the selected server) can be any block you want
  • Closed portal blocks (the purple wool/ice that appears when a portal closes) can be any block
  • Design needs to hold at least 200 people
  • Design can be a max size of 200x200 (no height limit)
  • Must have C, P, S, E Portals

How it works:
We will be using the same system as last time: PlotMe. WorldEdit commands will also be the same.

You will be able to claim 1 plot per person in which to build your design. Each plot is 200x200 however you do not need to fill the entire space. Groups builds are highly encouraged.
SafeBuckets is enabled, though you are able to place flowing water/lava. You will need to /modreq for flowing water/lava still, sorry =/
WorldEdit is enabled for use in your plot(s) only, however most commands are rate limited to help server stability. Any abuse will result in a ban.
The map is currently limited to 36 plots as group builds are preferred, but we can expand if it's needed.
The winner will be chosen by a vote on the forum.

Commands:
"/plot claim" to claim the plot you are standing in
"/plot home" to get back to your plot
"/plot info" to get info about a plot
"/plot list" to list your plots
"/plot clear" to clear out your plot
"/plot add <player>" to add someone to your plot
"/plot remove <player>" to remove someone from your plot
"/plot dispose" to give up your plot
"/i water" to get flowing water
"/i lava" to get flowing lava
"/i portal" to get the portal block

WorldEdit commands available:
undo, redo, wand, sel, desel, pos1, pos2, hpos1, hpos2, chunk, expand, contract, outset, inset, shift, size, distr, set, replace, overlay, walls, outline, smooth, hollow, move, stack, copy, cut, paste, rotate, flip, cyl, hcyl, sphere, hsphere, pyramid, hpyramid, pumpkins, fill, drain, fixwater, fixlava, removeabove, removebelow, removenear, replacenear, snow, thaw, sp

Exempt from rate limiting:
sel, desel, pos1, pos2, hpos1, hpos2, chunk, expand, contract, outset, inset, shift, size, count, distr, copy, cut

• Upvote 1

Is an E portal really nessissary? I don't know what you have planned for the future (and I hope it will be something spectacular) but for the last year and a half we haven't used it besides 2 days. Can't we cull the E portal and the admins can add one floating somewhere when there's an event on?

Quick question- Could all submitted lobbies have server portals on the same sides? It's wildly annoying to have to figure out what side the portals were moved to when a new lobby is added.

There is no real way to enforce this since spawn doesn't have to be in the center anymore.

Is an E portal really nessissary? I don't know what you have planned for the future (and I hope it will be something spectacular) but for the last year and a half we haven't used it besides 2 days. Can't we cull the E portal and the admins can add one floating somewhere when there's an event on?

An E Portal is necessary for future events, especially if we use these lobbies during the holidays.

• Upvote 1

Copied from the subreddit.

As much as I would love to participate, I don't really have the time nor the patience to actually build anything, I was wondering if I could just submit an image of what my ideal lobby would look like and see if anyone would be willing to make it or for it to be saved and built at another time?

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...