SKYRIM: Civil War

twilexis

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support in the skyrim civil war? Put why below

Considering that I'm pretty sure the population of Skyrim as depicted in the game is roughly a few hundred people, the Stormcloaks would be gone in a few weeks, but apparently there's an entire empire full of soldiers south of Skyrim. This suggests that not only are the Imperials a puppet government to the elves as the story points out, but they're also guilty of gross incompetence on the part of not being able to defeat the Stormcloaks. Therefore, with there being dragons everywhere and bandits hiding in every crevice, cave, shack, and outhouse, I'm pretty sure the Stormcloaks become the only reasonable choice.

I dislike both factions, but the empire is the best chance against the Thalmor that Tamriel has. That alone puts me firmly into the Imperial camp, nothing else really matters in the long run.

But isn't the Empire sort of being manipulated and controlled by the Thalmor? If that's the case, then the Imperials would sustain losses regardless of whose side you were on, and trying to get the Thalmor influence out would likely result in yet another civil war. Perhaps the Stormcloak rebellion is better for Skyrim, just not for all of Tamriel.