Games

SkrapssparkS

13 members have voted

1. 1. What games do you have and want to play?

• Team fortress 2
    • planetside 2
    • Gary's mod
    • Day z
    • Killing floor
    • Left 4 dead 2
    • Dying light
    • Call of Duty MW2
    • Call of Duty advanced warefare
    • Damned
    • Grand theft auto 4
    • Grand theft auto 5
    • Rust
    • 7 days to die
  2. 2. What days are best for you

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  3. 3. Do you have steam?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would xbox live events be a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

What is this, the billionth `What do you play` poll?

Well nobody seems to have done anything about them so I'm getting all the games people want to play the dates people want to play so the only bit of work left to do is to literally say "Right we are playing this game, on this date". If all else fails I shall make that post. But I would like to get some out of minecraft events up and running.

Polls such as this were for identifying games that we will host servers for, assuming we raise enough funds at the upcoming donation drive to cover the cost: https://nerd.nu/forums/topic/2965-poll-expanding-the-nerdnu-community/

What SkrapssparkS is doing here, I assume, is identifying a good day to have a player-hosted game (basically like SwitchViewz' Friday Night Gaming and Saturday Night Gaming events). Might be easier to just pick a day or time to complement those (sometime Sun-Thurs or during off-peak hours) or take over any Fri/Sat that doesn't have a game yet planned, then just roll with a game already known to be popular.

Also, moved poll/thread to the non-minecraft gaming section, as the events section is really more for events with an already planned date.

• Upvote 1

Saturday 25th April at 22:00 BST log into steam and join the mcpublic gaming community we shall have a few rounds of Team fortress 2, Gary's Mod and grand theft auto 5 for those that have it, we can discuss the order at the time when we are all together, we should make a mumble channel to host it aswell. Any better times suggested just put them forward and people can upvote the ones they prefer.

CS:GO is also very popular in the community, around a fifth of the people in the steam group play it.

Well I don't have GTA 5 but on the day we can play other games, people that don't have one game can play another while we wait for those that do have the game to finish. If we get bored of one game we can swap we don't have to stick to the games mentioned in this thread they are just to give an idea on what we might be playing.

are we talking http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nerdnugaming (unofficial, player-run) or http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nerdnu (official, admin-run)

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't actually seen those I was talking about the redditmc one however it's probably best to go on the unofficial player run group. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Upvote 1

Saturday 25th April at 22:00 BST log into steam and join the mcpublic gaming community we shall have a few rounds of Team fortress 2, Gary's Mod and grand theft auto 5 for those that have it, we can discuss the order at the time when we are all together, we should make a mumble channel to host it aswell. Any better times suggested just put them forward and people can upvote the ones they prefer.

If you want to post an event for this I can make an event on my group for it.

If you want to post an event for this I can make an event on my group for it.

That'd be good, we want to get as many people involved as possible, unfortunately i'm not sure how much time i can spend on it got my end of semester exams coming up. But it's not the sort of thing that requires someone in charge.