[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

Are we able to poison players somehow with blindness or something to that effect? And is there also a way to feed players a specific message when they pass an area. I know command blocks do all of that but slide isn't a fan of opping so possibly a command helper command we could have access to?

Guest Former Staff

I'm updating my list as often as I see other people progress whether by viewing this topic or by seeing it on the event server itself.

With regards to the final map clearup, I'm calling it done from my perspective.

No, I did not go through all 15400-or so chunks! Instead this is what I did: Image of my spreadsheet (the actual spreadsheet is accessible here too).

In regards to the image, each square represents a chunk on the map. Red squares I have not checked, green squares I have checked and there were no block updates needed. Blue squares are squares that did require block updates and have been fixed. according to:

• //replace 20 1:1
  • //replace 45 1:3
  • //replace 19 1:5

After I fixed all the now blue squares, I teleported to a random chunk on each island and a few of the waterways in-between to test a chunk. All came back fine.

Thought I'd mention for the lobby, got mod-trained and also had some perms issues on event sorted out, so I'll be able to properly start on the construction of the lobby in a few hours once I get some sleep. Should be maybe 4 days for the first revision of it, then I'll move on to smoothing out parts and making the landscape feel more natural, so maybe 10 days at most?

Guest Former Staff

So I've realized after the fact that I made the red/blue team islands too small for the old size bases (200x200 for the outer walls and 120x120 for the inner walls) and we'll need an updated setup - you have leeway to adjust this however, but it should still be semi-permeable to attackers (open gates), and have the two flags at opposite corners of the base in an open, unbuildable area (though behind some kind of outer wall). Yeesh, if need be, we can flatten the team base islands to make things work better.

If anyone flattens any terrain I will personally beat you! Flat terrain is boring lets build the bases into the landcape!

I have created a guideline for where to place the inner walls for the blue base at the moment. Here is a birds eye view (the walls, towers and gateways will be inside the yellow clay): I'll be making a start on the walls based on my third design unless someone stops me and has a better design to use.

With regards to the outer walls, I'm not too sure where they can go. I had one idea that the team base islands could be surrounded by sea-defence walls with large open gateways in some locations so that invaders would need to engage with some boat-combat (if that's even an interesting idea) / boat around to escape people.

Once we have a good plan for the outer walls then we can look into flag locations.

Should anyone wish to join me or just take a look, I'm at /warp Bluebase

Guest Former Staff

Here's a work in progress image of the walls at blue base so far, I've been trying to work with the terrain with minimal flattening.

A view from the ground - The orange clay marks a future gateway through this wall (please ignore the floating wall in the background).

cctz5HVh.png

VXYNOdgh.png

A cut-away view showing the stairs to traverse from level to level.

bJ4xt05h.png

Guest Former Staff

Can we get a list of all the available warps?

There are:

• Admin
  • BlueBase
  • fishing_village
  • MainSpawn
  • mushroom
  • nether
  • NetherIsland
  • RedBase
  • relief1
  • volcano

Guest Former Staff

Are homes set to public by default? relief1 is one of mine I think ._. should be next to a flat-ish cliff face that I think would be easy to insert one of the relief sculptures in.

I just checked and they show as unlisted as default, however that warp does lead to the lower area of the volcano which has a flat cliff surface.

Guest Former Staff

I would like to throw a suggestion out for Schererererer or SwitchViewz to consider in regards to the ruins. Would we able to add shipwreck builds with an air pocked inside them to store a "treasure chest"? If you're happy with this idea then treasure can be detirmined by yourselves to be fair.

Guest Former Staff

Bumping for the effects of blindness question

Are we able to poison players somehow with blindness or something to that effect? And is there also a way to feed players a specific message when they pass an area. I know command blocks do all of that but slide isn't a fan of opping so possibly a command helper command we could have access to?

I am only somewhat familiar with the answer to your second question: Yes, I believe there is a region message that could be added (though I do not know of the specifics).

Guest Former Staff

In the interest of having an easier list of what remains, these are all the builds that still need to be built from what I can tell: I'll put the names of anyone working on the builds currently too in case you're looking for specifics.

• Blue Team Inner Walls - Barlimore - (Should be done in around 24 hours)
  • Blue Team Outer Walls - (To be placed along the coast of the island)
  • Blue Team Gateways - (I have marked their designated spots with orange clay)
  • Buff Tower - (One more required to be added on the volcano island. Consider parkour to get from bottom to top)
  • Event Lobby - Zburdsal
  • KOTH - (King of the Hill arena needed)
  • Main Server Spawn Lobby - SwitchViewz
  • Maze - CROCKODUCK (I'm not sure what is left to do: Do you just need to copy and paste the maze in?)
  • Netherbrick Stepped Pyramid - Schererererer - Silversunset01
  • Obstacle Course - Silversunset01 (To allow people to race to the end and find the fastest route in doing so)
  • Ocean Monuments - (to decorate the ocean)
  • Parkour - CROCKODUCK (CROCKODUCK offered to start this but could possibly do with a hand. How is progress?)
  • Pvp Spleef - Mrloud15 (Some further edits needed to the build and then creating an island)
  • Red Team Inner Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Outer Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Gateways - (I can help with the placement of these - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Flag Building - (this will be where one of the two flags will be kept)
  • [low priority as this is an optional build] Shipwreck Ruin - (with room for an air pocket to hide a chest inside)
  • Ruins into the world! - Buzzie71 (Buzzie has created several ruins to use in /mvtp Admin, these need to be added across the world especially at the /warp volcano)
Edited by Barlimore

In the interest of having an easier list of what remains, these are all the builds that still need to be built from what I can tell: I'll put the names of anyone working on the builds currently too in case you're looking for specifics.

• Blue Team Inner Walls - Barlimore - (Should be done in around 24 hours)
  • Blue Team Outer Walls - (To be placed along the coast of the island)
  • Blue Team Gateways - (I have marked their designated spots with orange clay)
  • Buff Tower - (One more required to be added on the volcano island. Consider parkour to get from bottom to top)
  • Event Lobby - Zburdsal
  • KOTH - (King of the Hill arena needed)
  • Main Server Spawn Lobby - SwitchViewz
  • Maze - CROCKODUCK (I'm not sure what is left to do: Do you just need to copy and paste the maze in?)
  • Netherbrick Stepped Pyramid - Schererererer - Silversunset01
  • Obstacle Course - (To allow people to race to the end and find the fastest route in doing so)
  • Ocean Monuments - (to decorate the ocean)
  • Parkour - CROCKODUCK (CROCKODUCK offered to start this but could possibly do with a hand. How is progress?)
  • Pvp Spleef - Mrloud15 (Some further edits needed to the build and then creating an island)
  • Red Team Inner Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Outer Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Gateways - (I can help with the placement of these - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Flag Building - (this will be where one of the two flags will be kept)
  • [low priority as this is an optional build] Shipwreck Ruin - (with room for an air pocket to hide a chest inside)
  • Ruins into the world! - Buzzie71 (Buzzie has created several ruins to use in /mvtp Admin, these need to be added across the world especially at the /warp volcano)

Will copy in most tonight, also Parkour is on the back burner but I do have an older template I was going to load up and tweak.  Anyone else's help with that one would be appreciated otherwise it'll take a little longer but I'll finish. 

I know I've been a bit lazy lately on my part >< - in the interests of time I'm thinking of scrapping the nether ruins in favor of moving forward.  What criteria must I operate within when choosing sites for the ruins?  I envisioned the stone ones being placed in the jungle, but there are only two(?) such islands and the ruins will thus not be very evenly distributed across the map, and I don't have too much in the way of the other biomes.

Other than sites in the Jungle maybe, I can set up a relief sculpture on one of the flatter faces on the volcano - again, would like to know what criteria I should follow as well as if I should begin placing the structures or submit potential sites for review first.

Also, I have insufficient background knowledge to work on the shipwreck build ._.

Guest Former Staff

I know I've been a bit lazy lately on my part >< - in the interests of time I'm thinking of scrapping the nether ruins in favor of moving forward.  What criteria must I operate within when choosing sites for the ruins?  I envisioned the stone ones being placed in the jungle, but there are only two(?) such islands and the ruins will thus not be very evenly distributed across the map, and I don't have too much in the way of the other biomes.

Other than sites in the Jungle maybe, I can set up a relief sculpture on one of the flatter faces on the volcano - again, would like to know what criteria I should follow as well as if I should begin placing the structures or submit potential sites for review first.

My motto at the moment is to tell people what you're doing and ask for feedback along the way. This way we're making progress. I'm sure that Schererererer or SwitchViewz can provide greater direction if needed but the fact that you've come up with the designs for the ruins already shows enough inititative.

Will copy in most tonight, also Parkour is on the back burner but I do have an older template I was going to load up and tweak.  Anyone else's help with that one would be appreciated otherwise it'll take a little longer but I'll finish. 

Please set up a public home warp to the parkour and let me know what you want me to do, I'll help as much as I can.

Edit: Once we have these buildings completed then we can draw up a list for end of map preperation: Protections, final adjustments and similar fun stuff.

Edit2: CROCKODUCK, the maze looks great! Regions aside, would you say it is completed? If not, what remains and is there anything you would like assistance with on that too?

Guest Former Staff

Oh! If someone gives me a location I can work on the obstacle course if it's still in need of being done. I'm assuming it's a "no death" type, just a race.

Consider it done! I've created a public home at: /home Barlimore Obstacle

alongside a small platform to get you started on. Expand as much as you progress. :-)

Guest Former Staff

Excellent! I haven't done an event-server obstacle course, any rules I should be aware of? (I.e. Can I do a glass panes-over-lava area or are death traps not allowed? Will I be able to place sleep waypoints like in the maze in the pve admin hunt?)

I believe CROCKODUCK has added / will be adding waypoints into the maze. My opinion is that this obstacle course can be as dangerous as you want to make it but Scher'x5 or SwitchViewz could possibly give more specific details if they feel there is more to share.

The original information on the obstacle course is:

Info: A obstacle course / running course where players race to the end while avoiding obstacles and work out the fastest routes to take, with a mix of parkour

Guest Former Staff

I guess if people don't know the waypoints until they reach them that would work, so they can't skip ahead. Will players be in creative or survival mode? I've got some REALLY fun ideas for an obstacle course, I really hope I can get in tonight!!

I assume people will be in survival mode if that has a bearing on your build.

For expediency, does anyone have the ability to copy and paste any of this rev's Creative Shipwreck building contest entries? I don't know where they went to once it was finished. 

Sorry for the silence the last couple of days, IRL family visit, but I'm back. The fishing village was just something to move me past my mental block on what to build for a temple on mushroom island, but feel free to change it to make it a functional element if you can think of any purpose for it.