Separate Sub-Forums for P, S, and C?

Blockbuster

I thought there was a tagging system available for you to use when you post something, which in my opinions fulfills the purpose of defining which server a specific post is designed to be for. I don't think adding an additional sub-forum would be necessary since this tagging system exists already, which would help define which server you're posting about.

• Upvote 4

There is the search page here: https://nerd.nu/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums where you can type "survival" or "pve" or "creative" or "events" or "policy" or "notice" or "other" into the tag field, and it will return posts filtered by those tags.

It is not the most user friendly interface compared to having separate forum sections for those seeking to view only those specific filtered posts.

• Upvote 1

What we should do is divert discussions and the like away from the subreddit and bring them to the forums. That way we can use the subreddit for images and announcements. As it stands the subreddit isn't very noob-friendly, and that's because a lot of what you see when you get on it is a bunch of PvE stuff that only they know what they're talking about, 2 or 3 albums of stuff on c followed by a video of the last S tournie or something. Our sub would be a lot more interesting to newer players if most of what they saw was of builds, towns, bases, etc.

A simple fix to get new players to head straight for the forums would be to add a box above the submit a link/text post button that reads something along the lines of, "New here? Visit our forums first!" and then link it to a welcoming message on here, that explains who we are and what each server offers as well as other simple stuff.

• Upvote 1

That is exactly how it used to be. They combined it to unite the community and that there wasn't enough posts in each to make it seem like an active message board. Three dead boards is worse than one alive one.

These forums are used more for discussion than the old forums were. I'd rather have three organized boards than one disorganized clusterfuck of posts.

• Upvote 1

These forums are used more for discussion than the old forums were. I'd rather have three organized boards than one disorganized clusterfuck of posts.

They're still not used that terribly much, in my book certainly not enough to warrant adding 3 separate subforums. Only 6 non-pinned posts in this 'Minecraft Discussion' section have had a new reply in the past week, and only 9 in the past two weeks. If a higher rate of topic generation happens, then sure, but as it stands it doesn't make much sense to split this section into (at least) four.

• Upvote 1