The Brand of nerd.nu

dizney07

Is that not the entire point of the branding? The idea is to get the word out there, a shirt with just the NU glasses on it tells you nothing about what the shirt means or advertises. Nevertheless it would be a cool shirt, it just doesn't show the point.

Edited by Difficult1

"nerd.nu gaming community" doesn't tell the whole point, either... but I see what you're getting at.

Maybe just the glasses with "nerd.nu" printed under them or something like that. That way, someone would have the URL to get more information.

I mean, the purpose of branding is recognizability, not necessarily advertisement. And in this case, the purpose of the branded merchandise would be to fundraise by selling it to community members.

I don't want to wear a T-shirt with tacky oversized text written all over it in an ugly font. I'd like something minimalist.

Edited by Narissis
  • Upvote 1

Maybe just the glasses with "nerd.nu" printed under them or something like that. That way, someone would have the URL to get more information.

If it just had a NU with nerd.nu under it, a passerby wouldn't be able to tell the difference  if it was a gaming community that they may be interested in or a website that sells cheap doctor who keychains.

Is this not minimalist?

http://imgur.com/QtnijJC

Edited by Difficult1

If it just had a NU with nerd.nu under it, a passerby wouldn't be able to tell the difference  if it was a gaming community that they may be interested in or a website that sells cheap doctor who keychains.

Is this not minimalist?

http://imgur.com/QtnijJC

I'm a person, not a billboard.

The purpose of the merchandise is to raise money through community members buying the apparel... so if I wear the T-shirt, I've paid for it and contributed to the campaign. I don't want to be a walking advertisement.

There's no reason why we can't have multiple designs in a hypothetical nerd.nu store, though. I think it would make sense to have 'glasses-only' designs for people like me who want that, and labelled ones for people like you who want to use the shirt to advertise.

• Upvote 3

https://nerd.nu/forums/topic/3024-new-logo-design-contest/?p=24519 This is the only image big enough for Teespring. If the background of that image is transparent and take away the border it would be minimalist. Could someone make large enough (200x200+) versions of the coloured glasses?

i was able to take the logo off the forums and enlarge it to make t-spring not get upset.

I'm a person, not a billboard.

The purpose of the merchandise is to raise money through community members buying the apparel... so if I wear the T-shirt, I've paid for it and contributed to the campaign. I don't want to be a walking advertisement.

Well we absolutely could do that, it would be easy too. I was confused at the contradiction (bolded) of wanting to fundraise/wear it for yourself to enjoy or advertise.

To tag along with the youtube comment, after we set up the speedbuild arena this rev, I'm going to try to record a game of it, I just need to find the right software to do so. If I don't end up doing it this rev, I'll definitely begin more recording next rev, as several people have suggested, making videos of buildings or any other games in Creative.

• Upvote 3

To tag along with the youtube comment, after we set up the speedbuild arena this rev, I'm going to try to record a game of it, I just need to find the right software to do so. If I don't end up doing it this rev, I'll definitely begin more recording next rev, as several people have suggested, making videos of buildings or any other games in Creative.

If you (or anyone else) is looking for a cheap way of doing things, my set up to record is just QuickTime Player (record screen option), Audacity (to record the audio), and iMovie (to edit. When I wasn't on a mac I used the same set up but with Windows Movie Maker). It's a very cheap way of doing things, and the quality is pretty decent (example). 

Well we absolutely could do that, it would be easy too. I was confused at the contradiction (bolded) of wanting to fundraise/wear it for yourself to enjoy or advertise.

That "contradiction" was my attempting to reach a middle ground with you. :P

nerd.nu should keep an eye on lego worlds. Early access just came out, but it looks like an amazing minecraft competitor. (Microsoft must have steam coming out of their ears seeing this after spending 2 billion on minecraft)

• Upvote 3

keep an eye on lego worlds. Early access just came out, but it looks like an amazing minecraft competitor. 

its in early access for a year at least, confirmed by devs. Multiplayer is not the main focus of development right now, currently they want more variation, better AI, and better optimization.

The first "multiplayer"-esque thing you will see is IRL sets and/or Steam Workshop compatibilities. 

I really meant Friday when I said Wednesday or Thursday...

- T-shirts: I really like this idea, and I'm in the process of talking to the other heads about setting something up.

- Youtube: I would diffidently like to start using our youtube channel more. I think the first step is to setup some guidelines for player submitted content. I will see what I can come up with, but please let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

- Nerd.nu tag: Sure, do we want to use "Nerd.Nu," or does anyone have a different idea?

- Nerd.Nu Team: I don't really no much about this topic, but I'm not against the idea. Perhaps someone who is a little more familiar with this topic could comment?

I really meant Friday when I said Wednesday or Thursday...

- T-shirts: I really like this idea, and I'm in the process of talking to the other heads about setting something up.

- Youtube: I would diffidently like to start using our youtube channel more. I think the first step is to setup some guidelines for player submitted content. I will see what I can come up with, but please let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

- Nerd.nu tag: Sure, do we want to use "Nerd.Nu," or does anyone have a different idea?

- Nerd.Nu Team: I don't really no much about this topic, but I'm not against the idea. Perhaps someone who is a little more familiar with this topic could comment?

- I intend to get a brainstorm out for 'player run events' in the near future, perhaps we could use similar guidelines to what I plan to propose.

- I asked about a community tag awhile ago here and it didn't seem to popular. I thought I also did a poll about it somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

- I think he means more of a "Competitive" team for a game. Such as a Competitive CSGO team or a Competitive TF2 team.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow didn't see the responses..my b

Well for youtube, I'd like to see trailers or something like it for future revs of servers and events. They're not difficult to make, and more advertising is never a bad thing.

As for the tag, switch your post actually is what inspired my mentioning of it. I love the idea of some kind of tag, I think its something that helps in a community that spreads across different games. It's just a cool thing that I'll probably start doing for smash at least

As for teams, I was thinking more of what switch said. Competitive gaming teams are cool (at least to me) and would add a level of competition in the community with players who play certain games (like CS:GO and TF2).

Sorry for basically dropping this post, I'll be more up to date with it in the future if there's more responses

Oh wow didn't see the responses..my b

Well for youtube, I'd like to see trailers or something like it for future revs of servers and events. They're not difficult to make, and more advertising is never a bad thing.

As for the tag, switch your post actually is what inspired my mentioning of it. I love the idea of some kind of tag, I think its something that helps in a community that spreads across different games. It's just a cool thing that I'll probably start doing for smash at least

As for teams, I was thinking more of what switch said. Competitive gaming teams are cool (at least to me) and would add a level of competition in the community with players who play certain games (like CS:GO and TF2).

Sorry for basically dropping this post, I'll be more up to date with it in the future if there's more responses

Maybe have the main channel host player made series or episodes?

• Upvote 1

Minecraft story mode coming soon

gross the past couple TT games have been ass, no engine improvements, no really affectable story, and theyve gotten so big and spread out that any chapter has to wait too long for another.

plus MC really doesnt need a story, at least make it a bit more MC-like without the small facial details etc etc.

This has zero relevance to the topic, and the entire sub-forum. 

FFFFFFF I forgot to put text.

What I meant was expanding nerd.nu to this, but looking at the response of others, this doesn't look like a good idea right now. It would be best towait and see when it releases to the public.