[AC] Post June 2015 Donation Drive Budgeting and Accounting

schererererer

We raised 3667.84 in the drive. Compare to $2224.88 in 2014's drive, $2098.92 in 2013's drive, and $4033.34 in 2012's drive (including pixelcort's monumental $1000 outlier donation). I'd consider that a resounding success, and would attribute the increase partially to the visibilty of checkpoints/goals and the public knowledge that funds were dropping fairly low, but also to the combination of new players making large donations along the more established major donors.

After paying Deaygo back for the second server he's been covering (noted below), we should have approximately $3790 USD.

On the side of expenses:

$238 USD monthly for the primary server;

$63.28 CAD monthly for the secondary server (currently $51 USD) (the setup cost was divided among previous months in CAD: 80.66 for a month, 79.10 for 4 months, 76.29 for a month, and the last three have been 63.28 - this was paid for by Deaygo up until the donation drive, after which 662.19 CAD / 524 USD was transferred to him);

Note: The secondary server hosts the wiki, website, world downloads, and very soon our first wave of expansion into other games.

$25 USD every 6 months for forum license renewal (this is actually for support and anti-spam measures, if we really want to try to save $4.17 a month we could drop that - and pick it up again without penalty at any time afterward if need be);

Advertising (variable): I've determined that $150 per month will allow current funds to cover ~8.5 months of operation; this budget will allow us to experiment some with advertising methods and retain 8 months of operation, at which point we should be upon our second post-ctf fundraiser (this budget can be reconsidered after the first fundraiser in 4 months). For reference, $50 per month, which we originally targeted, would run for ~11 months.

Not factored into the above are LLC costs (given we proceed with that): $500 USD single fee and $275 USD annual fees, equivalent to $23 monthly.

We raised 3667.84 in the drive. 

After paying Deaygo back for the second server he's been covering (noted below), we should have approximately $3790 USD.

I think there's a math error somewhere unless we have actually secretly been paying Deaygo to pay for the second server :O

Edited by buzzie71

He included the amount we should have left from before the the drive which is around $700.

I actually started with the 1600 figure for the end of january, then subtracted 238 four times to get to the end of may (which brings us to 648). Subtract the 524 to reimburse Deaygo and we have 124; add the 3667 from the donation drive and we have 3791.