Planned Inactivity -Archived

Guest Former Staff

From Friday 16th I'll be away from home. It's a little uncertain when I'll be back but I will still pop in as much as I can. My activity is going to decrease until I return home.

Back from 29th+.

• 3 weeks later...

I have bad news members of nerd.nu. After taking a nasty tumble on the ice from an ice storm, I'm stricken with multiple fractures in my left wrist. My arm is going to be in a cast and sling for some time, and it is pretty much impossible to do anything in game for the time being.

I'm sure I'll be back around once my wrist is healed up. Im hoping I don't have any permanent damage (crosses fingers).

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I have unplanned "inactivity" I suppose you could say. Looks like we will need to rewire the network cables in our house as that seems to be the source of all our internet problems (to give you an idea, we've had over 250 dropouts in the past 3 days ._. ).

I'll be calling around tomorrow to get the cables ASAP repaired this week, so this should be fixed soon. I will still be able to get on minecraft if it's desperate, but I drop out at the moment at least every 15min or so. So I won't be very useful in minecraft :( 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I'll finally be back this weekend (Sat or Sun). \o/

Edit. Yeah right. Computer started a literal fire. At this rate I will never be back. Asking heads to revoke my mod status for the time being.

So the wifi capabilities of my laptop I use for gaming suddenly gave out and I can't bypass the issue with wired.  I can still connect to Minecraft fine on a less powerful laptop, but am not really intending to doing that frequently, especially when I'm busy IRL...which is what it looks like might happen for the next month or so.  As a result I'll appear sparse in-game until the issue is fixed or a workaround is found.

I'm still intending to come back and host nerd Jeopardy if and when it happens, and I'll still be monitoring Reddit and the forums and will be in contact with staff in case I need to be reached.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like I will be gone Friday and Saturday (may 12-13) with no access to game and then things will be up in the air for a couple of weeks. Manbear accepted a new job which means another move although this one will be easier. This weekend we need to go and look at some possible living spaces. Move should happen either end of May or very early June.

• Silversunset01 locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic