monfmonf [Tharine]

monfmonf

Hi Tharine. Ummm, first I'd like to say that I appreciate all the work that you and the other mods/admins do for the servers. It means a lot to me and the others that you guys do this work voluntarily and that you continue to do it to help the players enjoy their experience on the server. Now, I would like to apologize for my actions as they were immature and improper. I believe that there were 3 reasons why I was banned. X-Ray, hacking, and PVP logging. While I was hacking, all I was using was AutoAimBowBot. I was just messing around with Grayman and he knew I was using it. Now with the X-Ray accusation, I did indeed say that I had used an X-Ray mod of sorts. I did not though. I again was joking around with Grayman when this was said via mumble. As for the PVP logging, Getafever did tell me that I had apparently logged on him. I was completely unaware of this. I give my full apologies for this. I have realized my mistakes and I am almost crying because knowing that I cant be in the one place where people don't judge me or make fun of me is just gut wrenching. I'm sorry. I hope to be back on soon and that I see you all soon. :)

Hey monfmonf, i'm not going to process this appeal until you're completely honest with us. Three individual staff members witnessed your hacking earlier, and it was quite clearly not just an 'AutoAimBowBot' that you used. Being dishonest about your ban is only going to prolong this ordeal, and not in your favour.

Hey Tharine. So I honestly don't recall using anything other than AutoAimBot, Although it is possible i still had HighJump or something else on from when i was playing on my personal server, but i really don't know. Im going to assume it was left on and I again apologize to the nerd staff and community. I have permanently removed nodus from my desktop and laptop. I regret ever having it. If there was anything else, please let me know. Also, regarding the X-Ray accusations, It would be nice if you could please post the evidence for it. Thanks  :smile:

Edited by monfmonf

Hey monfmonf, my apologies for taking my time in responding to this, things have been pretty hectic for me lately.

As I said before, myself and two other staff members witnessed your hacking the other day. Draykhar and I personally monitored you for at least thirty minutes, watching you demonstrate clear use of a hacked client. Initially this was limited to the high jump feature, which you used for a decent amount of time walking down the road, even at one point entering the KOTH arena and jumping around with it on. You later played around with speedhacking, as well as that derping around motion that a lot of people really get a kick out of using. Unfortunately i've not got any kind of video software set up on my computer at the moment, so these various screenshots will have to suffice as evidence of us being present whilst you used it. If you're having trouble trying to visualise that in motion, hopefully this helps out a bit:

anim_c8420b9f-5bfd-62d4-4d0f-a23c7cfd152

It was pretty clear that it was the client doing this, and not yourself, as you were able to open chests and continue to move around in that 'derping' fashion at the same time.

As for the xray, you only had a few suspicious edits amongst the ones you had made in your entire time on the server this revision, but I feel pretty confident about my assessment of them as xray. Particularly so now because you've admitted to using a hacked client which contains such a feature, and these edits are all from the day that you were banned. As with any xray case, I prefer to use imgur albums to type up the accompanying descriptions, which you can find here.

The final leg of your ban reason states combat logging, which I appended as a reminder of something we need to discuss whilst we're here dealing with the rest of your ban. In the event that you do not trip the NoLog plugin when another player has reported you for combat logging, we take into context the surroundings of the situation and attempt to determine whether or not conscious logging took place. It's not foolproof, and more often than not we're heavily lenient with this because there's not always a clear way to tell that it happened. However, with your case, it was evident that you were likely facing the direction of the person that made the modreq about you, and they were within clear name-viewing distance, coming down the staircase to the mines that you were currently in. This alone isn't always proof enough that something happened, but I was in Mumble with you at the time that you logged out. You very worriedly uttered the name of your friend, and upon hearing no response you swiftly logged out. Following logging out from the game and my asking what was wrong, you very hurriedly attempted to change the subject on what we were talking about. I wouldn't have taken this as further proof by any means, but it made it really clear that something happened and you were trying to divert attention away from it.

Regardless, this was your first incident of any kind that involved logging, confirmed or not, and for that you will only receive our standard warning/reminder that logging to avoid combat is absolutely against the rules. However, this all seems a bit moot in the face of why we're actually here. You're a regular player on our servers, and you should know full well the rules you're expected to follow and you disobeyed them incredibly the night of your ban. I've provided the evidence that you rightfully asked for, and so in return I only ask that I hear a response from you, here, before finalising where your appeal stands.

Your ban reason, just for future reference:

Ban for monfmonf on c.nerd.nu for Xray; Extensive hacked client usage; Logging to avoid combat nerd.nu/appeal by Tharine on 2013-06-10 06:04:01 (no more bans, 1 notes)

So yeah. Hola. The hacked client i was using was Nodus. My sole intention of the use of this "hacked client" was to mess around with graymansnel. It was not to give me or any other pupils unfair advantage and if somehow ended up doing so, it was completely unintentional and not the desired intentions of my action(s). You have pointed out the "derping" movement, which as I quote,

it is possible i still had HighJump or something else on from when i was playing on my personal server.

Regarding X-Ray, I honestly did not X-Ray. I know that this seems like its not possible, but I really did not. I don't want you to think im lying but the same time I am not going to lie and that I was using x-ray. I have told several people this and with one them became quite emotional about it. I hope you see that I understand what I did was wrong, immature, unmoral, and unethical. As always, thank you. -monf :)

I had a look at the diamond edits numbered 7 - 10, in person, on S just now.  I agree with Tharine that these are conclusive evidence of xray.  

I queried your diamond edits for just that day and the day before (so the numbering in my screenshot is different).  On the day in question you snared 13 diamonds for just 99 stone.  You homed in on the those diamonds in the most unlikely fashion.  

1qFdQ0K.png

Hello monfmonf. I'll be finishing up this ban appeal. Tharines been busy with worlds of other stuff currently planning for the upcoming rev. Regardless, your ban appeal needs to be handled quickly and efficiently. For that I apologize.

As you well know, we can only ban by observation. Totemo and Tharine both have viewed these edits as xray, and after viewing them for myself, I stand behind their opinion: These diamonds were not obtained legitimately.

Your hacks after that only enunciated it. You are banned for four weeks for the xray. All of your edits within such immediate time as logblock allows have been rolled back, the diamonds you once found demolished, and your inventory now cleared.

For your blatant disregard of the 'no hacks' rule you have been given a further week.Myself, Tharine, and 1-2 other mods all viewed it. You've seen the screenshots and admitted to it yourself, I don't see a reason to go beyond that. You know better than that.

I don't feel that logging to avoid combat, or a few other things you did, play substantially into this ban, so I'd like to give you a polite reminder on both points: Pestering moderation about your ban appeal via Mumble (or any medium other than the ban appeal itself) is not okay, and will result in a kick/ban from there as well. Furthermore, logging to avoid combat is not permissible.

To bring it in:

Ban for monfmonf on c.nerd.nu for Xray; Extensive hacked client usage; Logging to avoid combat nerd.nu/appeal by Tharine on 2013-06-10 06:04:01

Time set to: 1 Month, 1 Week. Please reappeal no sooner than July 15th and we'll see that you are unbanned. I'll leave this post open until about this time tomorrow for any closing words for anyone involved.