Survival Revision 29 Has Now Launched!

LadyRavenOwl

Survival Revision 29 has just launched!

Changes in this revision:

Smaller map (3000 by 3000)

Back to normal nether

Bringing back pearl cooldown

Removing strength II (due to all the issues with it)

Spawn was built by c45y with accents by Wozdaka and with the shop by Bluuefuzzy

Beds will no longer set your spawn point (due to several people asking for it)

Weekly SAL fights occurring on different days of the week (points from this revision will be carrying over to next revision)

Bulletin board at spawn for player ads

100-150 block square buffer zone from spawn to prevent chunks constantly loaded

Community farm inside spawn for new players (This won't be there on the first day to help with the panic)

The way shops are done (They are now located under spawn and you no longer have to warp to them)

Unsafe buckets for sale in the shop (griefing with them will be a bannable offense)

Buyable XP from the server shop

/spawn will be enabled with a 10 second warm up and a 15 minute cool down (this particular feature is a dying wish of rtr69 that I am respecting)

You can now steal other people's horses

All animals are now able to murderated (Yes, this means you don't *currently* have to leave 2 of each animal, this is also because people asked for this previously, if more people hate it than like it then we can change it back)

Auctions (courtesy of c45y and another dying wish of rtr69)

What to Expect:

As said before, the premise of Survival will be the same. Roads will not have ice (although the snow biome road has some sporadically) and will not go to the end of the map; roads are also not based on colours this revision, but instead on biomes based on an idea that nickeynickey123 brought to me.

There will be Nether portals in the middle and at the end of all roads, as well as the one in spawn. Spawn will be mostly re-enterable and shop will have access through spawn.

You can see the portal and road designs here.

Many thanks to c45y, Barlimore, smdavis93 and zburdsal for all of their very very hard work in getting this completed with me. Revision 29 would not be happening without them.  Also many thanks to Dumbo52 for helping with the launch.

Have there been any changes to the server itself since Rev 27, like lower tick rate? I used to play here just fine. Now I have horrible lag, rubberbanding, etc. Opening chests and hitting mobs can sometimes be a 1 second lag or so. When I login or respawn from death, my character rubberbands back to spawn within a second of moving for about 30 seconds. My ping is only 130~ and I can play on other servers with 130 ping no problem, up/down speed is also fine. 

Edited by Veltoss
  • Upvote 1

Have there been any changes to the server itself since Rev 27, like lower tick rate? I used to play here just fine. Now I have horrible lag, rubberbanding, etc. Opening chests and hitting mobs can sometimes be a 1 second lag or so. When I login or respawn from death, my character rubberbands back to spawn within a second of moving for about 30 seconds. My ping is only 130~ and I can play on other servers with 130 ping no problem, up/down speed is also fine. 

I've also been getting this, especially bad when teleporting, I'll tweak some things and see if we can get it improved. The server itself is reporting a constant high TPS (between 20-19) but I've noticed a lot of lag trying to load chunks.

It seems I can only reproduce the issue when running two clients both connected to survival. Are you by chance doing the same?

• Upvote 3

Nope, only one client. I also tested it on my mac to make absolutely sure that it wasn't my client/computer being weird, and I get the same problems. Happens for both S and PvE, every other non-nerd server is absolutely fine though. It's real strange. :/