[PMC] What's to change in survival?

CROCKODUCK

So I'm going to be blunt in this whole argument, as I'm keeping this in MCP to avoid stirring the community. To start, survival at this moment has 10 players on it. Just 10. About 5 hours after a new revision and 10 people are online. I don't know how many times one must ask but how long before things change? Is this the fate we've given survival is to have 10 players on a map capable of holding 200 or more?

This is not a shot at the admins, or anyone at all let me be clear. We are a community and as such, we take equal blame in survival deteriorating into what stands today.

The point of all of this is what is to change? So far despite the numerous discussions that are being held for changing how S is run and operates, we launch a new revision, almost expecting for it to fail. In that sense I mean that the demeanor that everyone holds seems to be "S will die, its just a matter of time"

What can be done to avoid this? Clearly nothing but total and complete overhaul of the system. Not bandaid fixing with shops and rewards for pvping, because the facts show that has not worked at all for us.

I hope this gives a view of how we should change. Where the effort should go and what should be done as quickly as possible to ease our way back into relevance as far as a pvp server.

Thank you.

Guest Former Staff

I'm currently typing up a post in the admin forum as a draft which I aim to move to the 'Minecraft Discussion' area or even Community News section of the forums, once LadyRavenOwl & the Head Admins are happy with the content (so that I don't over-step LadyRavenOwl's presence as the Survival Admin and don't work as a crazy dicator outside of the head admin team).

While there are no specific details in my upcoming posts that say "do this and Survival will be great" or "add this feature and all will be magical", I believe the post should provide a good starting point for us to get to our end goal of a healthy Survival server.

Crockoduck, it's funny how we're both essentially making topics with the same intention in mind, at the same time. Thanks for opening up a discussion here. I'll be keeping an eye out for any feedback posted.

I do appreciate it good sir. I want to be clear I appreciate the hard amazing work that all of the admins and staff put in, especially to survival, and I hope to see that positive amazing energy in a new direction relatively soon. Thank you for the quick reply Barlimore, that is 100% what I was hoping for. This can be closed unless others wish to discuss.

Guest Former Staff

This can be closed unless others wish to discuss.

I'll leave this topic open for now unless there are no responses over the period of a week or more, I'll leave it open for now. Hopefully we can have discussions happening in the community areas by then too.

Guest Former Staff

I'm currently typing up a post in the admin forum as a draft which I aim to move to the 'Minecraft Discussion' area or even Community News section of the forums, once LadyRavenOwl & the Head Admins are happy with the content (so that I don't over-step LadyRavenOwl's presence as the Survival Admin and don't work as a crazy dicator outside of the head admin team).

We managed to get together and have the finished post to read through here.