Fireside Chats

SwitchViewz

Hey everyone, with our recent discussion about having more meetings for the community and staff I thought of an idea (well improving what Mrloud did). Awhile back Mrloud posted a topic inviting people to come and chat with him in Mumble about whatever they wanted. Why don't make this a regular thing similar to FDR's Fireside Chats? We could do one say every Friday night and each week a different set of staff could attend. Such as one week PvE Admins, next week Creative Admins.

I think it's a good idea and would help improve our communication with the community while also not swapping us with 'official meetings'. Thoughts?

Guest Former Staff
I think it's a good idea and would help improve our communication with the community while also not swapping us with 'official meetings'. Thoughts?

Put me down for Friday 10th July from around 4pm - 6pm BST. Feel free to put this idea public and we'll use this topic to find volunteers to have chats with each week.

I totally did not forget about this topic....

I think this is a great idea and I was actually thinking about setting aside some time in the upcoming weeks to talk with people in mumble about whatever again. I would like to encourage other admins to participate even for a few hours every month. Even if you don't have anything to talk about regarding your server, it's still a great way to connect with the community. 

I will be around during the same time as Barlimore on the 10th. 

Guest Former Staff

Possibly... These chats were so informal though. If this one was anything to go by, I'd say there was 15-20 minutes of questions / discussion and 1 hour 40 minutes of silence / banter. Not sure if it would be worth it.

• 2 months later...