[PMC] Mumble Fireside Chat Signups

SwitchViewz

Hey their everyone, we have recently announced Mumble Fireside Chats and the first one is taking place this Friday. I would like to use this thread so that staff members can signup for them. If you would like to signup for a certain day please respond here with the day and time you will be able to attend. Right now we are going to try and keep them to Fridays but at a variety of different times.

The next one will be July 17th after this Friday, please list the time you will be available and we will then announce the time that works the best for everyone.

Note: This is in no way required or any sort of official meeting! This is just a casual chat that we will be having with any community members that show up.

I will be keeping this thread up-to-date and moving old replies to Closed Mod Chat / The Archives.

Guest Former Staff

I would probably be able to attend to a similar time next Friday to the time we have for the first fireside chat. Could it be worth considering holding different meetings at varying lengths from different groups of people / individuals?

For example, the following Friday we could have meetings like this (I'm making up names / times):

1pm - 3pm: Barlimore

5pm - 6pm: Creative admins

9pm-10pm: Silversunset, Ghrey303, Zburdsal

This way, we could provide more than one chat during the day with different groups of people as timezones can be restrictive. How do people feel about that idea?

I would probably be able to attend to a similar time next Friday to the time we have for the first fireside chat. Could it be worth considering holding different meetings at varying lengths from different groups of people / individuals?

For example, the following Friday we could have meetings like this (I'm making up names / times):

1pm - 3pm: Barlimore

5pm - 6pm: Creative admins

9pm-10pm: Silversunset, Ghrey303, Zburdsal

This way, we could provide more than one chat during the day with different groups of people as timezones can be restrictive. How do people feel about that idea?

I think this is a good idea. My only concern though is that if we do this every friday we are asking a lot of our staff. Perhaps if we went with this tructure, it'd be better to do these biweekly or once a month?

Guest Former Staff

I think this is a good idea. My only concern though is that if we do this every friday we are asking a lot of our staff. Perhaps if we went with this tructure, it'd be better to do these biweekly or once a month?

Maybe I haven't explained the idea as well as it is floating around in my mind because I see your concern.

How about for Friday 17th, we find out when people can attend, and let them set up their own chat times? This way, we remove an issue with trying to find those who can attend a specific time together.

I have just remembered why Friday 17th sounds so familiar to me, I will not be able to attend that day unfortunately as I'll be travelling back here from seeing my family.

Guest Former Staff

So...is there a fireside chat tomorrow/Saturday? If so what time? Hadn't seen the official post yet and wanted to plan.

Yes, SwitchViewz has put a community news post up here and added a calendar event to try to bring about visibility. I won't be attending but I'd like to chat to anyone who attends to see what concerns people are bringing to us.

Alright so if you attended tonight's chat you will know how much of a disaster it was. The usual group of people trolled and completely derailed any possible discussion.

I'm not going to give up however as I think this is a good line for communication. We also need to get notifications out on the servers for this. For the next chat I intend to introduce a set of rules as I'm not going to deal with there bullshit. If they wish to not adhere to these rules, I will warn them, and if they proceed, I will ban them. This somewhat goes against how we ban people as we like to give lots of warnings first, but frankly I'm not going to deal with it.

The set of rules are simple and are as follows:

- No trolling or purposeful derailing of topics

- No constantly harassing of staff for a reply

- Be polite and respectful to other members and staff

I originally didn't want to have to do this as I wanted chats to be laidback and kind of a "just hanging out" sort of deal. After this last chat though I'm going to take steps to fix it.

Guest Former Staff

I originally didn't want to have to do this as I wanted chats to be laidback and kind of a "just hanging out" sort of deal. After this last chat though I'm going to take steps to fix it.

I hope to attend the next fireside chat to be able to see how it goes. Despite such a small minority of people ruining the experience, it would be a shame if we ended up cancelling future meetings because of them.