Fireside Chat 10th July Notes

The turnout was very small, so most of the questions came from FatherSouth and generally we just played Minecraft during the conversations. Next week, we're looking at different people attending and at a later time in the day so other people can have the chance to attend. I'll leave it to SwitchViewz to reveal the time / people attending in due course.

Here are my brief notes:

Fireside Chats:

Barlimore: Public meeting details to come soon in terms of the structure of the meeting, looking to gather data on availability. Aiming for end of July / early August.

FatherSouth: Suggested an alternative host for 1/3 of our monthly price. Specs match / exceed our current setup. Discussed with C45y - worth looking into as our second box is hosted with them. OVH - https://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers/e3-sat-4.xml

Any events coming up?

JudgeDread, Barlimore: We are working on some, we're gathering fine-details from SwitchViewz. Hopefully when SwitchViewz is around he can share more broadly, his plans.

Moving away from CommandHelper: Years of shit accumilated. Hopefully phase out in future.

How many techs are active?

Defining active is the real question, to be able to answer this better.

----

Looking to move Nat to a founder role.

Make a tribute to Eustis on the nerd.nu/staff page

Make sure things are checked on spawns before launch like enderpearl deny on S.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Guest
spelling

Is there any word on when the next one will be so I might make myself available? Please define a date as soon as possible, without doing so, this recurring event may fall victim to the same status as other meetings within the community.

We are currently working on a time and I hope to have it announced by tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Is there any word on when the next one will be so I might make myself available? Please define a date as soon as possible, without doing so, this recurring event may fall victim to the same status as other meetings within the community.

Friday 17th is the next date being discussed. SwitchViewz is gathering people to attend. There is no time set just yet.

Did anyone have a chance to record what was said during this for the people who didn't get the chance to listen to what was said?

To my knowledge, no-one recorded. There was very little discussion though and a lot more banter, most likely a reflection on the turnout.

Recording is a touchy subject, legally. We may have to stick with transcribed notes for now.

I did try to attend but the time was during my work day and I got sidetracked very quickly. I should be able to make more in the future!

Isn't it perfectly legal to have a channel called "meeting (recording in process)"

• Upvote 2

There is nothing illegal about recording people in a publicly opened channel on mumble on a private mumble server by the way. It is not a phone call.

Also even if you were to do it someone would have to 1) press charges and 2) the case would have to be accepted and then acted upon by the police. That won't happen.

Anyway lmk the next time you are going to have a chat

• Upvote 1

There is nothing illegal about recording people in a publicly opened channel on mumble on a private mumble server by the way. It is not a phone call.

Also even if you were to do it someone would have to 1) press charges and 2) the case would have to be accepted and then acted upon by the police. That won't happen.

Anyway lmk the next time you are going to have a chat

+1. Hopefully the next fireside whatever chat can address the extreme shrinkage of the community considering the game is more popular than ever.

A time to reflect and re-adjust based on our position.