[AC] Event Team

SwitchViewz

Hey there everyone, I've been thinking about this idea for awhile and spoken to a few of you about it. With E currently being restructured I'd also like to expand the EAdmin role. Right now there is just a single EAdmin with a second one coming soon and various people on staff helping.

I would like to start up a "Event Team" that is made up of staff and community members. There would be 1-2 EAdmins that coordinate and run the team and then any number of members on the team. Everyone on the team would be listed on nerd.nu/staff in there own area under "Event Team" and on the forums, and would be in there own perm group on E called "eteam", but listed in regular groups on P, S, C.

A new forum board would also be introduced under "Staff Discussions" above PMC titled "Event Discussion & Planning" that everyone in the Event Team would have access to. All staff would also have access to this board but the public would not.

Community members would be able to apply for the team by PMing an EAdmin stating that they are interested and how they think they could contribute. Depending on the need for members and the skills a person applying has we would decided if we want to add them or not.

As an example, if this were put into action today, this would be the team I would start out with: SwitchViewz, Skraps, zburdsal, JudgeDread, kittypuppet

Thoughts?

Would you be looking to include only current staff or non staff as well? The only concerns I'd have about having non-staff helping out is that their eteam perms need to be structured in a way that only allows them to be used on e for those purposes (ex: I wouldn't want to give someone helping on an event but who may not be a moderator permissions on any of the other servers that any non staff member wouldn't have).

It sounds like an interesting idea but I'd just be cautious that it doesn't become a back door for people to get abilities they wouldn't normally get.

Would you be looking to include only current staff or non staff as well? The only concerns I'd have about having non-staff helping out is that their eteam perms need to be structured in a way that only allows them to be used on e for those purposes (ex: I wouldn't want to give someone helping on an event but who may not be a moderator permissions on any of the other servers that any non staff member wouldn't have).

It sounds like an interesting idea but I'd just be cautious that it doesn't become a back door for people to get abilities they wouldn't normally get.

I welcome anyone in the community, staff or non staff. Sorry if this wasn't clear in the main post, they would not have perms on any other servers besides E.

We have a hard enough time maintaining a "rank free environment" with the current mod/admin setup. I would rather people just be moderators who happen to spend a lot of time on events than a dedicated group

• Upvote 1

We have a hard enough time maintaining a "rank free environment" with the current mod/admin setup. I would rather people just be moderators who happen to spend a lot of time on events than a dedicated group

This is just my view, but it wouldn't be a "rank", just a group of people, that anyone can join, to help build events. Man power is always a limiting factor and enabling the community to help would help solve this I think.

From what I understand, this is just trying to formalize the convention that has been in place on E (and in event building before E was a 'real server') which allows for some nonstaff players with particular skills and involvement with an event to be whitelisted and given permissions needed to help develop said event. Honestly I'd rather just see a "temporary event developer" permission level that we'd add nonstaff players who are helping build an event.

I can't say I like having a separate listing on nerd.nu/staff - at that stage we're effectively starting to fragment off E as its own entity, with a separate staff list from the rest of the servers (players listed on the staff page who have not gone through the moderation nomination process).

From what I understand, this is just trying to formalize the convention that has been in place on E (and in event building before E was a 'real server') which allows for some nonstaff players with particular skills and involvement with an event to be whitelisted and given permissions needed to help develop said event. Honestly I'd rather just see a "temporary event developer" permission level that we'd add nonstaff players who are helping build an event.

That is a suggestion/interpretation I can get behind. Easy enough to do as well, giving in-game permissions for admins to add/remove people to the group as required is a step in the right direction.

That is essentially what this is except that it's not "temporary." It would be a permanent team of players can can come and go and help on more then just one event. I wouldn't want them granted any permissions on any other servers except for E.

I can't say I like having a separate listing on nerd.nu/staff - at that stage we're effectively starting to fragment off E as its own entity, with a separate staff list from the rest of the servers (players listed on the staff page who have not gone through the moderation nomination process).

Good points. I would like them to be acknowledged in someway however, perhaps just having a forum group called "Event Team" would be enough?