Survival /Spawn Amendment

/spawn command cooldown  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which cooldown duration would you prefer for the /spawn command?

• 10 (current cooldown)

We're seeking feedback this time around on the /spawn command. Currently you only need to wait a 10 second cooldown to use it, however there has been feedback for an increase on the timeframe. Due to your feedback so far, we'd like to see further feedback contained here and your vote is encouraged. The most popular option will be chosen.

Edit: This is what I call a "Barlimore" post, typed up at 4am. Count the number of times the word "feedback" is used.

10 seconds will remain as the cooldown time for the /spawn command

Edited by Guest
add result

What if instead of changing the timer, we made it so players can't use /spawn if another player is within a 20 block radius (or something like that). If you see someone trying to use /spawn, ender pearl into the radius and then it gets cancelled. That way players aren't awkwardly sitting in the same spot for a full minute, but also gives the player more of a chance to interrupt the process. Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

I'd also like to point out that the people voting for 10 second cool down, or a lower cool down would be the ones abusing it to escape from pvp.

I'd like to also point out that the majority of voters for 60 sec are the main PvPers and Vultures, or in Monroe's case, the #1 PvPer who spends hours and hours on the server each day. 

10 seconds is already too much to escape pvp because 1. You are a sitting duck until it happens 2. if you move, it cancels.

It would just do nothing but create inconvience for those who use it to go to spawn. Spawn is pvp and the trails leaving out of it are pvp aswell. 

Increasing time is pointless. 

Guest Former Staff

I'm glad to see some good feedback here, similar to our last constructive topic here. Might I request that we avoid throwing accusations around as to the kind of people who vote for option A, B, C... Not all topics that we discuss are going to end up with a change, however we all get to vote to decide on any changes and can keep personal attacks strictly in-game with swords (or TNT blocks in some people's case).

Not going to edit any posts here but from here onwards, please keep providing feedback in a constructive way. We can discuss the cons of an X second cooldown, without using it to have a dig at another person.

What if instead of changing the timer, we made it so players can't use /spawn if another player is within a 20 block radius (or something like that). If you see someone trying to use /spawn, ender pearl into the radius and then it gets cancelled. That way players aren't awkwardly sitting in the same spot for a full minute, but also gives the player more of a chance to interrupt the process. Thoughts?

I love the idea, but that could work as a player radar if you where to spam it occasionally to check your surroundings. Also if an enderpearl was used in a chase you could have a distance between you of 20+ blocks but still be engaged. 

I'd like to also point out that the majority of voters for 60 sec are the main PvPers and Vultures, or in Monroe's case, the #1 PvPer who spends hours and hours on the server each day. 

10 seconds is already too much to escape pvp because 1. You are a sitting duck until it happens 2. if you move, it cancels.

It would just do nothing but create inconvience for those who use it to go to spawn. Spawn is pvp and the trails leaving out of it are pvp aswell. 

Increasing time is pointless. 

Increasing time is not pointless, it has always been part of S that it's against the rules to get back up into spawn, and to log from pvp, it should not be possible to use /spawn to escape from pvp, or abuse it to sit in spawn as a spot to keep gear safe.

10 seconds is great IMO. You have to be really skilled in order to avoid pvp with it since you have to be dead still in order for it to teleport you. Especially with the enderpearl cooldown, you really can't use it to avoid pvp. Also MonroeZabaleta, how does the command have to do with keeping gear safe? Are you saying someone that sits in spawn with diamond armor is abusing it to keep safe? 

10 seconds is great IMO. You have to be really skilled in order to avoid pvp with it since you have to be dead still in order for it to teleport you. Especially with the enderpearl cooldown, you really can't use it to avoid pvp. Also MonroeZabaleta, how does the command have to do with keeping gear safe? Are you saying someone that sits in spawn with diamond armor is abusing it to keep safe? 

I'm saying that with a 10 second cooldown, that leaves plenty of time /spawn if someone is breaking into your base or coming towards you and it isn't on just open land, I'm saying this is similar to logging in the fact that you /spawn to keep your gear inside of having to fight.

I'm saying that with a 10 second cooldown, that leaves plenty of time /spawn if someone is breaking into your base or coming towards you and it isn't on just open land, I'm saying this is similar to logging in the fact that you /spawn to keep your gear inside of having to fight.

The key difference is that this method is what the staff and players separately chose.

laborate please? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

You were saying that /spawn with a ten second cooldown is similar to logging out. I'm saying the difference is that the admins and players have defined logging out mid engagement as not permitted, but here we are about to permit /spawn with a ten second cooldown for the second time.

Edited by tobylane

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of our two weeks there is a very clear winner. 10 seconds will remain the cooldown time for the /spawn command.

Thank you all for your time and feedback, as usual if you have any changes you wish to see on survival don't hesitate to contact myself or Barlimore.