[AC] Nerd Unique Visits Analytics

TheRandomnatrix

Advertising is worthless if we can't accurately gauge how useful it is.

I know we have fortytwos thing for server pop over time, and I know we count unique visits over a rev. I propose we start recording the number of unique visits on each server with timestamps, tracking unique visits of all time(so, a veteran joining from last rev does not change anything). Then we take those timestamps and divide them up into intervals to better understand trends and growth.

I feel this is necessary as a function of advertising(which we badly need), otherwise we're spending time, effort, and money on products we don't know the effectiveness of.

• Upvote 1

That information is already in MCBouncer from what I understand. Deaygo would be needed to get at it however, as no API exists for it.

Advertising is worthless

You could have stopped there. 

I believe continuing to keep up with the advertising methods Barlimore recently set up for free is the best expenditure of resources ( both money and time are our most valuable resources )

Our best bet is to get youtube/twitch content up and popular, we have a number of people (chargb being the only one I have talked to) who are fairly popular youtubers and i'm sure would be happy to help or just give pointers. We should be generating content there rather than paying for small advertisement spaces

The information slightly exists in MCBouncer.   I have how many connections to a server, etc.   But I need to get the per day stuff working, either of us could add that in c45y, but we should discuss what would be the best method for that.

• Upvote 3