Mods and Admins: You're working too hard.

Vykoden

When build removals concern an active player we like to try to make contact first before just tearing it down. As I believe we have discussed, under the current ruleset any modification to a players build without their consent constitutes grief. We have been in discussions over policy changes, however until those changes have been implemented the current rules stand as written. 

If you have suggestions for rule changes, you're more than welcome to make a post about them in a constructive manner and we're more than happy to review them. This thread obviously shows there are some revisions to be made, however we can't just make them because a small group of people demand them. We as padmins have to make sure that all of the questions are asked and answered to keep the experience fair for everyone, not just those who are the most vocal.

Silver: With all due respect, you do realize that this entire thread is about "suggestions for rule changes", right?

We all know the rules. We're voicing our opinions in attempt to discuss them, productively, with you, the admins, in hope that the discussion leads to change.  

We use examples to benefit you and other members/players; not to continue a rant.

Other players I don't even know have agreed with me in this thread. As you can see in this thread, we have yet to hear from any non-mod or non-admin, who likes the region protections as they are currently.

We're trying to be part of the community by discussing the current rules and asking for changes to be made in the next revision. 

By reiterating the rules, it appears that you feel like all of this is pointless banter, and it sounds like an "Us vs. Them" defensive position, which is unwarranted. 

If you'd like to see this thread stop, all you need to say is, "We have read all the players' comments in this thread and are discussing making appropriate changes in the next rev."  And, we'd be very thankful for hearing/reading it.

As long as none of you say that, we, the non-admins and non-mods, will continue sharing examples and opinions, and like you just said, that's what this forum is for, right?

-V

Guest Former Staff

Please both take those questions to a pm. ^

I just want to re-iterate what Silversunset has said on behalf of the P admins across a few posts that may have become a little buried in the many words which have contributed to this topic.

While working towards a new revision, the P admins are actively discussing rule changes. Feedback has been coming in for P for quite a long time, and while this topic has gone some way to contribute, there are other discussions too such as the more recent 79+ reply topic on the subreddit, pve map poll discussions and many more across both the forums and in-game.

I believe i said that in a previous post, or something similar, that one must have been skipped over. we have been discussing rule changes for a good amount of time even before this post. The constant jabs about situations that have already been (or are currently being) resolved does nothing to further the situation. 

It shouldn't take 3 months to solve the problem Vykoden is having. I would assume that PVE and C share the same,or at least similar rules for protections, one of them being that abandoned builds get removed/moved out of the way after 3/4 weeks,

If the reason for this is because of inactive Padmins, then you might just have to do what Jchance did to make a change - go over their heads with it. Just do it. IIRC He did this with WE on C (I believe he had permission by the heads to do it)

When build removals concern an active player we like to try to make contact first before just tearing it down. 

The player in question is inactive and has been for 3 months in this particular case.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Kitty. So, exceptions are made? We haven't been able to convince any admins, head or P, that such builds deserve removal, and the craziest part of it is that none of them are protected. So, the owners of the builds didn't even care enough about their own properties to get them protected ....

Of course, the land claim issue is something altogether different but equally important, if not moreso, and would allow all these issues to immediately drop away. 

Guest Former Staff

It shouldn't take 3 months to solve the problem Vykoden is having. I would assume that PVE and C share the same,or at least similar rules for protections, one of them being that abandoned builds get removed/moved out of the way after 3/4 weeks,

If the reason for this is because of inactive Padmins, then you might just have to do what Jchance did to make a change - go over their heads with it. Just do it. IIRC He did this with WE on C (I believe he had permission by the heads to do it)

The player in question is inactive and has been for 3 months in this particular case.

Just for clarity, the modreqs being handled by the P admins did not take three months to reach a conclusion.

Inactive Padmins are not an issue either, they are in very active communication. :-)

The player being inactive though does return to earlier discussions, of which we seem to be coming back in circles with. It may be best to wait and see the fruits of the P admins efforts in regards to them reviewing rules on P unless new ideas come to the topic here.

It feels like we should break this thread into two or three different, more-focused threads; just to remain focus on task. My goal would be able to talk about each issue, individually, in its own thread, so it's not so easy to get bogged down with personal feelings or feel overwhelmed by perceived negativity. 

Please note I don't feel negative toward anyone ... except that "Redwall" guy who tried to mess with me in the first 24 hours. This isn't a personal issue but a public one, and I hope it is taken only as that.

The three primary issues I perceive are:

1. Undeveloped region protections.
  2. Cities being responsible (and permitted) to remove unwanted builds within those protections. 
  3. Removing abandoned builds.

So, how does creating two different, more-concise threads sound? It might clear a lot of up.

Thanks,
-Vyko

Guest Former Staff

There does appear to be a lot of divergence within this topic where people have different ideas that they wish to discuss, if you feel it best to open other topics up respectively to focus replies on a specific rule / culture on P that requires further feedback / clarification then that could be a good step forward.